High capacity chip truck

We have a very very shitty F650 with 20 foot long wheel base dump towing 1890 or 200 +
These guys get it anywhere.
Yeah its a pita but the nose of the truck is pretty good at sneaking around.
Best is once its in place, load load load.

Hah! Me too, I was just being sarcastic with the 114' comment. It looks longer than a frikkin Greyhound bus in the pictures though! :lol:

That thing (the GMC) would be great if I were moving back to Baltimore.

Arborworks, What's your definition of a smaller 4x4 chip truck?

I got this... What you think?

Attachments

• The Rig 2.JPG
    The Rig 2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 7
Possibly, would like to discuss it with you tomorrow if possible. You can contact me at 409 791-5076 or I can call you if you give me some contact info.

Looks like about 30 foot working height off the top of the box. =D

Right Eric----will comfortably hold thee or four----no problem. BW

Yeah, it's done. I took the arms from the electric tarp off, and it's pretty clean right now. I'm mounting a tool box on the dump's lid that hangs over the cab. Tool storage is the ONLY thing I think it lacks. I bet it holds about 7-8 yards of chips too, which is about all I've needed lately. ...mostly pruning jobs.

We burn here for the most part so the most I get off a job is about 10 yards. Rarely more than that. I can see where tool storage is major. I already have that issue with the one tons. I will probably experiment with the Ford in that regard. Place a set of boxes front ahead of the bed then the bed with lift sort of thing. Or I will just get a forestry truck.. Tossing both ideas around.

I got this... What you think?
Old Tom the tree guy had a get up about like that when he started out . 8 feet plywood sides on a pick em up with a tarp on top .

Damned rattle trap scared me to death .Going around a corner that thing would get a 30 degree port list if you turned one way ,a starboard list the other .

I had visions of a picture in the newspaper of that thing completely upside down with all 4 wheels in the air and chips all over the place .:O

hey cursed...do you get the paper rag..the equipment mart, comes outa oregon, graddys in medford oregon has a couple ford, 4x4 1ton,gas460 davey tree trucks,$7500.00 each
i dont know his equip well, spoke to him a time or two,seem ok,
Better than area north in wa
ite trucks in washington has a 4x4 1 ton completely rebuilt for $18000.00
but thats a chevy with a 6.6 diesel i dont know much about that motor

i like my man cab for storage, but i also need a 4x4 chip rig, and diesel for an exhaust brake, trucks for here are so spendy vs the flatland trucks

mike at graddys is cool, hes always buying, fixing and selling stuff. theres a good chance those trucks came outta california for a reason, may not let them back in

Yeah, emissions is a biatch. A lot of vehicles leave the state for just that reason. Too expensive to redo for the emissions standards. A 4X4 gas is what I will probably lean toward, but the bucket truck is also a serious thought. I ain't gettin any younger.
We are actually looking at tractors right now. Then a PTO chipper for it. That way I can use it as a loader and a chipper. I can eventually add a mower, both grass and brush. And then do driveways and such during slow season if I have one. Not to mention how handy it will be on our acreage :D

Ohhh ... quick note... There is a sweet 1969 Kenworth narrow nose flat bed in Sweet Home Oregon for sale that was in the Ag Source paper. Knuckle boom or something would really look nice on that. 7500.00

I've wanted to buy, but I can't even get a credit card for my biz right now. It's retarded! So, all cash is going into advertising, so hopefully, I'll have some decent receipts to show the bank at the end of this quarter. ...maybe then...

Back