Here goes, our big lombardy poplar job

Just... damn! What a monster.
Professional work tree and photography.

Big tree, those only get ~50 feet here and die, live 20 years or so..
What camera you use? Old man just upgraded from his nikon d40 to a d300.

balls of steel.....thats what roger has.

Like someone has already said, id run like hell away from that except for helping.

those big azz trees make my trees look like bushes. But ill take em.

Snooping around

Dropped by RBTree's job on the way back from the dump today. Nice work! Saw Eli Kuntzman up in the tree taking the last bit o' brush down.

Posted some pics over on the buzz, before realizing this is THE place to be.

Luckily, the airplane flew by during the action to give some scale to the spectacle.

b

Download This Video

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Id like to think Roger is the best damn tree man in the country rt now.
Hes got my vote.

Thanks, guys, but, remember, I let Eli and Dave do the climbing...

It is 8:18, and I gotta go dump the last of the chips...so far, about 70 yards! And at my 30 year customer John's place, who I've worked for and dumped chips for now and then for ages...Invited myself out on his boat for Seafair--Hydro races, and awesome airshow.....reckon the camera will be in overdrive again. Got home a while ago, ate some more warmed up slighly overcooked silver salmon...yum even so......and downloaded a full 4 gig of video, plus there's more on another card.....and I dunno how many photos----2 gig? Off and on sun, spectacular work....and only one climber at a time, so I was able to shoot a lot, what with me being the 4th groundie/grunt/gofer.....

Ya'll gonna have to be patient on the pics....

AWESOME, Oh did I forget to say AWESOME

Besides being big compared to what is out here in the midwest. They are awful trees to cut when you get down towards the bottom end. Not what I would call wood but more like just stringy pulp.

Looks like you got things under control and the job sounds like it is going good for you.

Keep up the good work.

Time for Bed!!! Gotta do a minor revision on that Army Reserve base bid...by the morning...

and go back, and cut off the burl, plus buck a couple cord of wood fo a guy (sucker--:roll:) who just put in a wood stove......and pick up our cleanup tools....the customer will take care of the final rakings, so I don't need the chip truck...and that'll save him another $200.

Wait till ya'll see today's pics and vids....kinda boring......

uhhhh

This reminds me of Graeme's (sp?)work down under. It's on a totally different scale than most of us are used to working on. And I mean both the actual climbing/rigging and the photography.

Well, I'm feeling a little better after a good night's sleep, though a bit more woulda been a bonus....

Spent several hours last night editing pics....and this morning put together a video of my new 2139T Josny with a ported muffler oblierating the 200T...which did have a bad chain.....check it out---

So, here's some pics...which are some of the 100 odd on my flickr site.

Dave and Eli both in the tree, can you spot 'em?:
2724661988_ede3899eb3_o.jpg

Lifting some wood off with the GRCS, then pulling it clear with a tag or speed line
2718894783_c96d266fa7_o.jpg

2719717168_ceae97e16e_o.jpg

Dave on his way down, day 1. Eli, done for the day.
2718895133_96e6f4dfe7_o.jpg

I confess, I did some post processing with this late afternoon shot...the crew gone, me having just made a special trip back to retrieve my clipboard..bonus was some great light!
2718895339_85e8dfebcb_o.jpg

Day 2, Dave getting crankedup on "The Winch"
Crank away boys...sorry I haven't gotten a Milwaukee Hole Hawg drill and the chuk yet....
2723839473_596af85bec_o.jpg

2723839509_b485261cd3_o.jpg

Cool early morning light. This was shot with my 70-200 internally stabilized lens, which allows for a sharp image at slow shutter speeds, effectively blurring the branch on its way down, which adds a feeling of action to the image.
2724662954_8ae1c5bcd4_o.jpg

Back