Haas splice

I am in the process of making a variable of it. I tried to splice in the heavier bungee I wanted on it and just could not get it all through the Tenex.
Anyway, I am trying something more adjustable since I sometimes let other climbers use my gear and I advise them on SRT set up.
I'll get pictures soon.. Looking forward to what all shows up in this thread :)

My old one is similar to Jerry's Double Line RopeWalker setup from a few years back. I am planning on re-doing it in a quasi-HAAS/SAKA type setup using something like the cover off Ocean Poly(no core) instead of Tenex, the plastic tubing like you use for an ice-maker on a refrigerator, and the thin dyneema bungee cord like Richard uses on his SAKA. I am still in Florida after the ITCC, but will get it done once I get back home and I'll put up some pictures.

You have to have the tubing sleeve. The nature of the 12 strand (tenex etc), to squeeze toward the middle, will prevent the bungee from traveling in the center.

The length really decreases as the diameter is increased by the inner tubing, so you have to include that in the calc of the cordage required.

I ended up just putting tube on the outside with some zip ties,it's not how I usually make stuff but...i got the wrong size something,no way it would fit. Works for me
a480ef0113dcf021cbe28892d7a42120.jpg

That flap thats folded over? That's backspliced,I decided to stitch it back over cause i felt like I would pull it out,works good cause the loop goes in the ascender and the boat snap clips onto that backspliced/ stiched loop. Makes it quite tidy,I will end up just leaving it on my saddle at times no problem,alot of times ill just leave it on my foot too...

That flap thats folded over? That's backspliced,I decided to stitch it back over cause i felt like I would pull it out,works good cause the loop goes in the ascender and the boat snap clips onto that backspliced/ stiched loop. Makes it quite tidy,I will end up just leaving it on my saddle at times no problem,alot of times ill just leave it on my foot too...

By back splice I mean, instead of stitching back on itself, take the end and thread it back through the rope towards the adjustment part. The rope is then twice as thick and won't go through.

Back