Ha! Anyone Ever Try This?

Che, for the cheeze to get a bit of a crust you need the pan to be warm and be a little patient, let it melt then let it get a crust, kind of the same idea as putting garlic bread with cheese under the broiler, it melts first, then it gets crunchy. :)

edit: doing it that way I remember a bunch of liquid comes out of the cheeze as it melts, I think it was some of the fat. and yeah, plastic cheese dont melt ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anything with cheese sounds good to you, Butch! ;)

You damn skippy!!!
168.gif

I just remembered my dad taking a block of Romano cheese, cutting 1" square chunks and roasting them over the gas stove with a fork. Stunk to high heaven, but tasted wonderful!

Speaking of cheese....that is......

The real good way is to mix a little milk, egg and some good cheese, gruyere maybe ( which is swiss and not french, btw!) turn the breadslices over in that and fry them. The cheese gives a nice crunchy coating.

I know it's a hard swiss cheese(err is supposed to be), however it can be of a french-style, meaning soft and creamy in consistancy and with holes in it. :P

I know it's a hard swiss cheese(err is supposed to be), however it can be of a french-style, meaning soft and creamy in consistancy and with holes in it. :P

Don't ever say that to the swiss. They'll burn you at the stake!!!

Speaking of cheese, smoked cheese is great stuff, and with a smoker only takes about two hours. The great thing is that you can use the cheap processed cheese, and turn it into excellent tasting....no need for expensive cheese. I add spices and smoke it in my woodstove.

gee - all i would get as a child was oatmeal or farina.

i feel deprived.

Here's a version you might find deelish

Cook up your egg in a basket and also fry up costco burger patti.

Put the burger on top of your egg-in-a-basket and smother with a sour-cream, horseradish & dill sauce.

Cheddar, swiss or other "real" cheese takes it up a notch.

:P Orgasmic! :O

I like eggs in a nest okay. Stig's recipe sounds yummy.... but since I'm about 3/4 of the way through tonight's steak I'll try it another time.

I eat that all the time. I've also made two and put a couple slices of cheese between as a sandwich for lunch.

...problem was though, once I ate that.... definitely felt it while climbing later. Blah.

had an egg in a nest for breakfast today, shoved a piece of cheddar into the egg before it set, tasty!

Just read this post.

I grew up on this stuff but I always knew it to be called, "Egg in a Hole"!

Think it was the first thing I ever learned to cook on the stove! Even taught my girls how to make it when they were younger...more fun than practical.

HC

Back