Gyro Powerballs

... It's a neat way to pass what would otherwise be wasted time. I usually crank it slow for some times an hour or more at a time, switching hands every 5 minutes or so.

love
nick

Is it just me, or does anyone else see something 'funny' about this statement?

An 'hour or more' ??? maybe I need to buy that product I saw on T.V. called Extends...

Ah I see says the blind man. I thought you were sure going to be disappointed.

I might get one, but I'll wait until I hear how MB likes it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No weirder than using these.

L10718770.jpg

I got two of them at the 2006 TCI Expo. I think the model I got was only $15 each. They do provide quite a work out on your arms.

Nick,
If you can do it for an hour, you have my highest respect as to your physical conditioning. I am done after about 5 minutes.

That sounds like it would be good for me....maybe.

I already have Popeye forearms, but have very weak wrists and hands now. Wonder if it would help.

I just dug mine out. It's a different brand, called 'Dyna-Flex'.
http://www.dynaflex-intl.com/

I was having trouble getting it going but I guess dust buildup was interfering with the bearings. I took it out to the shop and hit it with the air nozzle and now it works like new. :D

Nick,
If you can do it for an hour, you have my highest respect as to your physical conditioning. I am done after about 5 minutes.

Don't get me wrong. If I gun it, i can burn myself out hardcore in about 30 seconds or a minute. (this one's for frans)....But I like it better if I just hold a medium pace for as long as I can! :P

love
nick

Well, it arrived. I'm having a hard time getting it going, even with the electric start. So far, I've only been able to do it right handed. Does it matter which way you turn the sucker?

This dang thing is harder to do than I thought.

It's weird trying to get it going at first. You want to shake it around too much. It works by resisting the gyrational forces while rolling it back and forth. It takes a bit of a 'death grip' at first until you get used to it.

Don't shake it back and forth, use a gently small circular motion. Easy does it.

Keep practicing. I think you are trying to use your brute strength too much. Go easy and gentle, after all, my 16 year old 100 lb. daughter can do it every time. Remember small little circles.

It's amazing me how much trouble I'm having with it. I can only get it going with my right hand, and that's only using the electric starter.

Well I don't think they can be started from a dead stop without something to get them spinning first. And remember this is to work your forearms, not your wrists.

Yo, mb, how fast are you rolling it with your hands? When I do it, it's a very slow rythmn- maybe like 3/4 seconds - 1 second per roll.

What color did you get?

love
nick

do a little video w/ your camera of your technique, Butch....maybe someone can diagnose your problem.

If all else fails, read the instructions. :P

Back