Gyro Powerballs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd sure like to know what I'm doing wrong with the caulk soccer. I can't get it going at all w/o the electric start, and then I can keep it going for more than 30 seconds with my right hand, and not at all with my left. I wish I could see one of ya'll experts doing it, maybe I'd see what I was doing wrong.

Yo, mb, how fast are you rolling it with your hands? When I do it, it's a very slow rythmn- maybe like 3/4 seconds - 1 second per roll.

What color did you get?

love
nick

So this is pretty much a worthless post. I rocked the dynaflex today, paying closer attention to exactly how I was doing what I was doing. I noticed that when getting it started I go a lost faster, but once it's started spinning good, I slow down a little bit.

I can make a vid tomorra showing how I get it started without the string. It's not as hard as you might think.

love
nick

MB, there are a number of powerball videos at youtube. I'm not posting any, because I'm thinking that you may have already checked them out.

All the videos I saw were for advanced starting techniques without using the starter base or string. But what you can learn from them is watching the hand motion and seeing how they get the gyroscope going. It's a resistance exercise, not a power thing.

I think I'm getting the hang of it.

It's not as fun and exciting as they make it out to be.

It could also be that your rotation is going opposite of the way the ball is spinning. If so, you will make the ball stop instead of making it rotate faster.

A couple of times I tried spinning it and the ball came to a stop quite rapidly. I realized that I was rotating my hand in the opposite direction to the spin of the ball. After pulling the string (since I am too poor to afford the electric start) I hold it with my palm facing toward the floor and move my whole arm in a clockwise direction so that the hand is making small circles (less than 7 inch dia.) I get it started in my left hand, since I'm a lefty. After it gets going I can switch it to my right hand. It will give your forearms an incredible work out.

It could also be that your rotation is going opposite of the way the ball is spinning.

So how does one determine the direction the ball is spinning??? And is it always in that one direction?

It's crazy. Sometimes I can make it work, other times I can't.

:?

At this point, the only advice I can give you is to send the Powerball and the electric starter to me. I'll do a careful 3 year analysis to make sure nothing is wrong and send the report and Powerball back to you.

MB

I'm getting the hang of mine. You do not need to know which way it's spinning. In fact, you can stop your wrist motion and go the other way and never skip a beat. As Nick says, take it a little slow...don't try to make it go super fast. You know you have it right when it's a nice smooth resistance and it isn't clanking around. I'm not as good with my left hand yet but that's the point. I don't see why you couldn't do this on a treadmill. I never looked at the website so I didn't read any hype and didn't expect it to be fun. I've worked out on a rowing machine for about 10 years now so I guess I don't get bored easily.

Be sure to read the instructions. That helped me.

The part about, in the beginning, twirl it slowly with the wrist,as if you were stirring a pot of soup....that helped me....now if the ball is spinning even slowly, with that motion, I can get the gyro going no prob.

I still need the electric start to get it going, but I'm getting better...

My new one, a Screamer model, arrived today. It's cool. No lights, but the faster you spin it, the higher it whines.

Groovy.

And it seems easier to get going - I can actually get it started with the string.

bump_signs.jpg

Back