The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Gyro Powerballs

J

Jamin Mayer

I used one before. But, not a lighted jobber.

Looks fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6cfjsFIrVo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6cfjsFIrVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6cfjsFIrVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SkwerI

Treehouser
I got one at the 2004 TCIA Expo in Baltimore. I think I used it twice after I got home. I could probably find it around here somewhere if you gave me a couple hours.

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking of using it on my 90 minute treadmill workout.

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I walk five miles as fast as I can, using various inclines. It sucks, I hate it, But I need cardio strength. I only do it on days I don't work. I do it in my living room, with all the normal conveniences available.

SkwerI

Treehouser
90 minutes to walk 5 miles? Might wanna pick up the pace a little there, MB. You can get done quicker if you don't stop for ice cream halfway through! :lol:

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
90 minutes to walk 5 miles? Might wanna pick up the pace a little there, MB. You can get done quicker if you don't stop for ice cream halfway through! :lol:
You do it, and get back with your stats. :drink:

woodworkingboy

TreeHouser
Brian saying that he only used it twice, isn't necessarily a reflection of Powerball. It's usually like that with any exercise equipment. One sweat and it's "that's so boring", and back to the chocolate cake.

How much do those cost?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Check out the link, they are various prices. My model was about fifty bucks.

woodworkingboy

TreeHouser
Thanks, I might have to invest. I notice that it comes with a twenty-five year warranty! I've never heard of a twenty-five year warranty for anything.

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I got one in 2001. I keep it in my car. I use it about once or twice a month. It's a neat way to pass what would otherwise be wasted time. I usually crank it slow for some times an hour or more at a time, switching hands every 5 minutes or so.

As soon as you get it, practice starting it without the pull string. I lost mine in the first week!

love
nick

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!