GRCS storage.

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
I cant believe this day has actually come... We sold a very large job (about 15 days worth) and we will be buying a GRCS to help with it. How do you store and transport the thing? Can it fit in to some type of rope bag, or do you get a large duffel bag to carry it around in? Or is it usually just carried around as is?:?

Too heavy for a rope bag.

We took a heavy duty plastic 50 gallon drum and cut the bottom 18 inches off it and strung some rope handles to it. Basically an oversized bucket large and heavy duty enough for the weight and size of the GRCS. Get to the job site slide the drum with GRCS out of the back of the truck, toss in a block or 2 and some rope and throw it on a hand truck and wheel it to the tree.

The only thing I worry much about is the winch. Crank goes in the rigging bag, base and bar into a box and we make sure there a spot that the drum wont get beat up.

... I have an old heavy plastic crate that exactly fits the bollard , winch and handle ...everything else gets general truck storage ... congratulations !!! ... GRCS makes my life better ... Dave

I carry mine around as-is, but only when I need it. Add ~$300 to the price tag and you could have a plastic box included.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We are starting in November. I will try and post some pics of us loosing our GRCS cherries.

Just be careful NOT to drop other gear, bump, or otherwise jar the "pig-tail(s)" on the side cuz it may cause them to bend become damaged. Make sure the tails are not in the open position when not in use & all should be fine!

I cant believe this day has actually come... We sold a very large job (about 15 days worth) and we will be buying a GRCS to help with it. How do you store and transport the thing? Can it fit in to some type of rope bag, or do you get a large duffel bag to carry it around in? Or is it usually just carried around as is?:?
hey bud this is mine IMG_3392.jpg

Back