Got me a GRCS

Sounds like working conditions at the arboretum have a lot in common with my own...you fellas that drive up to a residential lot and consider it a long haul to carry tools, equipment, and climbing gear 200 feet to a big back yard with no access get no sympathy from us :D.

Think in terms of multiple miles on some jobs, in my case :whine:.

Burnham... you should employ your dog for the FS like you do when on camping trips in the back country. :)

He might even be able to collect a paycheck! ;)

Gary

I'd have a dirt bike!

Hahahahahahaha...that'd be good for a laugh...you have no idea how quickly you'd either have to abandon a bike out there, or die trying to retreive it :lol:.

I'm talking steep brushy country crisscrossed with big, downed old trees, without trails...no way, man :).

Burnham... you should employ your dog for the FS like you do when on camping trips in the back country. :)

He might even be able to collect a paycheck! ;)

Gary

Heck, even a dog carrying a pack has trouble getting around out there in some places off trail.

When I have a good wide trail, or an old cat track or closed road, this is the way to get a load of gear out into the backwoods:

Attachments

• Dscn0861.jpg
    Dscn0861.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Dscn0859.jpg
    Dscn0859.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Dscn0860.jpg
    Dscn0860.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 17
Off and on, Gary. While plenty of my work is "off road/trail", so to speak, plenty of it is near a road, or accessed by a trail. Even if you can't get all the way there with the toter, it can be a real labor saver if you have need for a fairly extensive amount of gear on a particular job.

I might use it 3 times one year and 30 the next...all depends on what comes up and where it is.

yeah but burnham, you dont have to haul the whole tree out those 200' in little pieces;) that can add a mile on in a day!

Back