Good-Bye Old School Hardhat

:) Nice!

It probably would have saved River's eye.
I kinda think the saw would have done the same thing. The screens do well against blunt force. A saw I believe could pass through easily.

I wish I could work in a tree with a face shield. Having tried 2 different models prior to my accident I found they both messed with my depth perception.

what like calling some one and playing live dropkicks in the middle of a saturday aftrenoon????

I REALLY like the face shield when I'm Chuckin' N Duckin'.

TS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it seems I may have titled this thread incorrectly. After wearing the Vent this morning, the first thing I removed was the visor. I didn't like how it actually reduced my vision somewhat, plus it was making my glasses fog up from the lack of air circulating.

The next thing (and I really hated this) I took off was the hearing protection. I was hoping I could tolorate the heat, but it was just too uncomfortable for my taste... and it isn't even summer! And since I was experimenting buying the helmet in the first place because of the headset, (and they didn't work out) I'm finding out that I really prefer my full brim hardhat.

Oh well, live and learn. Back to earplugs. Now I just need to figure out a way to secure it to my head.

No ventilation and heavy.

And why do you think I would come to a different conclusion with that helmet?

here you go boss

I am a big fan of Petzl stuff BUT if you're running big saws in a tree or otherwise this is the hat for you...IMHO:D

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 42
The muffs are just too hot for me, and I really wanted them to hide my ears from the sun. THAT'S why I wear a full brim, the sunlight.

The hat in my avatar is a bump cap, which I would still wear if it had a full brim.

It's just your standard $5 bump cap.

Attachments

• trees 026_edited.jpg
    trees 026_edited.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 8
Back