Ever seen a old trailer- mounted bucket like this ?

That's a non, but i looked and the oc ones call for the same weight for the same height. Obviously they seem to be selling it for almost scrap price because they weren't using the boom, but rather as a base for other projects (what he said). But the fact that they tell you how heavy it needs to be in the specs means that the engine isn't needed, so doing a Frankenstein is not only possible, but honestly fairly straightforward because you have full on measurements even, complete with outrigger positions and load charts.

I had thought about buying a tow behind, and the wife agrees so it's in the discussion. If i was healthy we would just get a loan, but with what i got going on doing stuff on credit simply isn't smart yet. The neighbor was selling a topkick dump truck, which i was planning on doing exactly this to because i don't have a dump trailer, and to have only 1 new truck to run is just about perfect for me. I was thinking a bigger material handler lift on a bigger trailer would be badass, and could be had for a lot cheaper than even a used towable could. It's still a save up for deal, but maybe this winter. I had dismissed the idea until now, never actually looking it up. The fiberglass boom thing kinda freaks me out tho, I've heard horror stories, but also know trucks that are running perfect and are good designs so they've been safe for 30 years. I just don't know what I'm doing inspecting it, where as on steel or metal i know instantly, and have the tools to do it, including the sonar ones.

Back