Good-Bye Old School Hardhat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm really liking my Vent. It's way more comfortable than my old hardhat. I'm curious to see if I keep the visor on, I hope I do. It'll come in handy making those big block cuts, and I hope it acts somewhat as a bill.

Attachments

• vertex 003.jpg
    vertex 003.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 10
Butch, that little goofy bit of material that came in the kit (Quick, go through the trash!) fills the gap at the top of the visor and helps seal out a lot of sawdust that would otherwise drop into your eyes from above.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch, that little goofy bit of material that came in the kit (Quick, go through the trash!) fills the gap at the top of the visor and helps seal out a lot of sawdust that would otherwise drop into your eyes from above.

Say what? It says it's for making it fit on other hardhats.

WHAT gaps? I left the orange fabric thingy off...

Yeah, but even with faceshield and glasses the wind still swirls sawdust behind my glasses and drops it in me peepers. Of course we tend to get more wind here than you do in La.

youll get so used to it that youll try to flip it down even when you dont have it on:D

I love the little Under Armor skull caps for controlling sweat - wouldnt work without it in Texas!

Wish I could have a decent brim and muffs - ears sure do get fried. Vertex feels kinda heavy with muffs - took me awhile to get it dialed into my dome.

Gotta put a plug in for Lexas glasses while we're on PPE. Look dorky but they rock!

Nice pic Butch BTW, could be cooled superimposed in various situations.

I have 3 Vertex helmets. Black, red and orange. The black is hot. Wearing it in the summer is not fun. I also have a white Ecrin that sits in the shop. I'll offer it up the same as Stumper did. Make a donation to the house and pm me your addy if anybody wants it.

Is the Ecrin as comfortable as the Vertex Vent? The Vertex I got from Stumper is pretty darn comfy. I had to wash the straps, they smelled a little sweaty, other than that it was practicaly new. Thanks Stumpy:D

Is the Ecrin as comfortable as the Vertex Vent? The Vertex I got from Stumper is pretty darn comfy. I had to wash the straps, they smelled a little sweaty, other than that it was practicaly new. Thanks Stumpy:D

I like the Vertex more. Thus the Ecrin sits in the shop

Back