Gerald Beranek donation thread (OLD THREAD!)

Donations for Jerry

• Yes!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Hmmmmm...

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I was talking to Frans about that the other day. Lately he's been grounding and letting the younger members on the crew work aloft. also says the ground work is gruling because he's using a whole different set of muscles.

Since being laid up the guy I work for had to cancel a few jobs I was looking forward to doing. I hope their still on the job list after I get back. I'm anxious to get in the ropes and wreck out some tall sticks. Laying in bed, lack of exercise and adrenalin is making me flabby and weak. I will most certainly have to work out before jumping back into it.

I'll keep you all updated.

Jerry B

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I left the hospital the nurse told me the worse was yet to come, and she wasn't lieing.

It doesn't compare to y'alls pain, but when I left the hospital with my poxy chainsaw cut through a few tendons, I told the doc, "I think something is wrong, it doesn't even hurt". He said, "Don't worry, it will." He wasn't lying.

You guys heal up!!!

The both of you sound in good spirits, keep it up!

It is much harder working the ground than sitting around tieing off a limb, cutting it, watching it get lowered.
I am having a great time running around humping brush.
It is good to cross train

Well Rat,
When you become fat and lazy I'll be running circles around you
:)

I agree, working the ground is tiring.

I feel guilty at times for Ground folks. Cause as Frans says,
I just rope it out and wait for the line again.

Gravity does half my work for me as a climber while,
as a ground folk, Gravity is what you're fighting all day.

Some days the ground guy works harder and somedays the climber works harder. I figure in balances out.

I agree, working the ground is tiring.

I feel guilty at times for Ground folks. Cause as Frans says,
I just rope it out and wait for the line again.

Gravity does half my work for me as a climber while,
as a ground folk, Gravity is what you're fighting all day.

Get-r-mini:D

It is much harder working the ground than sitting around tieing off a limb, cutting it, watching it get lowered.
I am having a great time running around humping brush.
It is good to cross train

You cheap bastard, if you gave up drinking you could finance that Cadillac Boxer you dream about and come out ahead of you bar Tab each month.

You cheap bastard, if you gave up drinking you could finance that Cadillac Boxer you dream about and come out ahead of you bar Tab each month.

:lol: HA! You remembered.

Not to derail Ger, but I used this line on a guy at a trade show who was 'looking' at one of Dave's minis.
I told him that for the cost of his monthly bar tab he could make the payments on the mini. The looked at me and nodded seriously, and said your right!

8)
poor guy is headed for the Betty Ford Clinic. Now that will cost more than any mini.

UpDate on Gerry

I talked to Terry (Ger's wife) last night.
He is getting a 'wound vacuum' today.

Here is how it works:

It creates a negative pressure area on the outside of the wound. That encourages fluid, blood, oxygen, etc to remain close to the surface of the wound.
Terry told me that the wound vacuum speeds healing up to 50% !
:O :thumbup:

I have never even heard of this. Man those doctors are awesome.

interesting. wheres a hyberbaric chamber when you need one?
An interesting note on this from the past.The US navy submarine school is in New London Conn.They of course have a pressure,vacuum chamber to test weather any body freaks out under confined conditions ,under pressure ,stress etc.They do,believe me.

There was however a woman who was at the point of death from paritinitus,if that is spelled correctly or gasious gangrene ,as understood it.At any rate the woman and two doctors where in the chamber which was pressurized with pure oxegon ,while they breathed normal air as they performed surgery on the poor lady.She lived:)

From what I was told the gangrene could not live in the pure oxegon .

Well Rat,
When you become fat and lazy I'll be running circles around you
:)
I have not been in but a few trees for a while. Last one was saturday out in Charly P's part of town. But I have been doing 15 miles or more a day on a bike. Fat.... nah. Lazy, sometimes:lol:

That vacum deal sounds interesting. Hope it works out for you Jerry.

I have not been in but a few trees for a while. Last one was saturday out in Charly P's part of town. But I have been doing 15 miles or more a day on a bike. Fat.... nah. Lazy, sometimes:lol:

I only said that 'cause I know you live so far away :D

Tell Charly I said hey

No. Except that he was gonna come to Arbor Day but could'nt make it. Lazy bum

Back