Gear you made

• Thread starter Will
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 4K
W

Will

This is a log roller i made up. i made a pair of shorts with a harness sewn in once. sadly no photos. i used to rappel from my second story flat down to the street.
Love to see your inovations:)

Attachments

• cant 3.jpg
    cant 3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 145
  • cant 2.jpg
    cant 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 145
  • cant 1.jpg
    cant 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 143
Nice work. How much did it weigh? All my inventions require wire coat hangers and ample amounts of fiber tape. Sadly, I am not that crafty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks,its made of 3mm box steel and weighs about 5kg. We had three guys hanging off it and it held up.

i make all kinds of stuff, like the brush cart in this shot. its nice for long brush drags. stole the idea

Attachments

• 090's 001.jpg
    090's 001.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 18
Made velcro ankle straps on my spurs

Attachments

• spurMod..JPG
    spurMod..JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 127
Yes indeed.

DSC04007.jpg

I made the ramps/bridge and added the back rail on the 1 ton.

Bought this center link, it was just barely long enough all the way extended, so I extended it with some material I had on hand.

Centerlinklarge.jpg

In all honesty Dave's rake/push broom for the mini is great, however his hanger sucks. I broke it right off the bat, as well as it's a PITA to attach by yourself.

Now I can use the rake by itself as a separate attachment, or I can grab the legs with the grapple and butt the plate against the face of the grapple's attachment plate. Works like a charm. I can also angle it to one side or the other with the flick of the wrist.

DSC03925.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

LJ, in your pix, what am I looking at? Can you post some further away shots?

The last 2 pictures?

It's a rake/broom for the mini skid. The black part is where the bristles are, then 2 legs welded to a quick attach plate.

I'll get some more pics today.

it is hard to tell whats going on there.
built this rack on the mini and this chip box on my dodge. recently scrapped it as ive got plenty of chip boxes that dump now and it weighed 540 pounds of milage eating steel. when i finish my new chip box i want to put a flat bed on my dodge

Attachments

• misc 016.jpg
    misc 016.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 10
  • dingo 1 002.jpg
    dingo 1 002.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 10
Ha yeah, I took those pics for Dave last year. It was clear to him and I, but I took it for granted that other folks might not have a clue WTF is going on.

Made a lanyard emergency release system,(sorry no picutre) and some rope bags...

Attachments

• all 3 bags.jpg
    all 3 bags.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 104
I made a port-a-wrap, the grapple part of the loader, a new chainsaw scabbard for the inside of the bucket, and a dump trailer.

Attachments

• cedar 027 (Medium).jpg
    cedar 027 (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 4
  • equipment 002 (Medium).jpg
    equipment 002 (Medium).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 6
  • scabbard 009 (Medium).jpg
    scabbard 009 (Medium).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
  • eucalyptus 007 (Medium).jpg
    eucalyptus 007 (Medium).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
Steve, you didn't make that stuff, quit lieing. You bought that stuff and then painted it yourself.

:thumbup:

Good work Steve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That sat dish on the tractor is cool. Is it hard to see around?

Not at all, I hook it to my head when I'm driving the tractor.:) I guess I should take that thing down. It's been obsolete since about 1995.

Back