Gear you made

• Thread starter Will
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 4K
Steve,
What model JD is that. Is the bucket self-leveling? I haven't seen one that looks like that one.

How about the yellow frame work behind the dish. I don't recognize that either.

The JD is a 2030, it has 60 hp and the bucket will lift about 1500 lbs to about 8' high. The bucket is supposed to be self leveling with that parallel linkage but I have the attachment too high on the bucket and so it is only partially self leveling. The yellow frame thing is called a carry-all. It is a frame on wheels that has a lifting capabilities so you can just back over something, hook the chains up to it, and lift it up, then drive off with it hanging from the chains. I don't really have much use for it anymore, they are made in several different configurations.

Steve,

You do nice fabrication work. Looks like you have a talent for it. I like being able to make or fix something myself. It is a skill almost as rare as doing work on trees properly. Imagine in 20 years how few people will posess these skills.

Thank you. I taught my kid a little and I have an 18 year old nephew in Okeechobee FL that is quite good at it. He will be a college freshman in the fall pursuing an engineering degree. So there will be a few.

Both my kids can also but they are in the minority for sure. They both work on their own vehicles too. Part of it is saving money and the other part is knowing it is done right, not half-assed out the door.

Back