Gear bag!!!

My problem is how things just float around in my bag and get disorganised real quick. Helpful hands and such. Things thrown in by others.
I want something more personalised. Climbing gear for start. Then a speed line kit etc. I have tried numerous times to make specific kit bags. It is pointless. With too many hands, things just get mixed up. Three climbers each with their own rigging and climbing gear gets kind of crazy.

Can you fit spikes in there also?

With everything I have in it, no. I have caddy pads on my spikes, so they're pretty bulky and the bag already has a cougar saddle, lanyard, saka, climb line (contained in its own rope bag within the courant) throwline kit, and all my climbing hardware, ascenders, a few slings and small pulleys.
If my saddle had a slimmer backband (like an onyx, for example) then spikes might fit, but it would be tight, and make sure you have good gaff guards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be getting the courant bag my next paycheck. Wesspur has it in all black which I like. On there homepage they stated that they will match/beat any competitors price. Treestuff is $149 and wesspur $169....anyone ever called wesspur out on there statement? Did they actually drop there prices against treestuff?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With everything I have in it, no. I have caddy pads on my spikes, so they're pretty bulky and the bag already has a cougar saddle, lanyard, saka, climb line (contained in its own rope bag within the courant) throwline kit, and all my climbing hardware, ascenders, a few slings and small pulleys.
If my saddle had a slimmer backband (like an onyx, for example) then spikes might fit, but it would be tight, and make sure you have good gaff guards.

Alright thanks for the info. All I have for now is a 10' ce lanyard, Petzl sequoia, 120' 1/2" rope, zubat 330 handsaw, hitch climber and Buckingham titanium Spurs with the Velcro pads. I'm hoping I'll be able to fit it all

I forgot another big plus for Pelican...w my gear in a cloth bag in the back of the truck (this one w out a cap) it would be a wet mess requiring dry out ... Gotta unload for rainy days or overnights , w Pelicans I leave'em right there no worries.

Pelican is so expensive though. . . Ugh, I want like $1,500 worth of their stuff. A case for the portable winch, and a big rigging crate would be sweet!

Have several , yes costs some up front but the gear that our lives and living depend on are well protected. Life time replacement is the clincher. Really nice Guitars get really nice cases , protects the investment / value of hard earned gear.

Did he mention pelicans float too it does it all i love how in a small pickup you can toss saws right on them with not worrying about tears in bags...also ceck craigslist they are all over there for cheap you can get a pelican that can fit all your gear.

True , EBay is loaded w used ones. U.S. Military is Pelican's top customer , some crazy cases get sold used ... Guarantee is still good.

Good tip on the used ones, I'll have to check into them a bit, maybe after I get all this house selling/moving stuff taken care of.

I use a pelican with a handle and wheels those packs look nice But imho my pelican has lasted over six textile bags ive ripped or torn i like having seperate small easy to load and unload
View attachment 68871

@toyotadadon what model of pelican is that and where did you get that awesome awesome lid rack? I work for the DOD so access to pelican is easy just don't know which one to get? I have a tueflburger bag now and not sure if I am sold.

Case is a 1510 with their lid organizer.they have lots of different options look at accessories on their site

Grendel what portable winch do u have and what are your thoughts on it i want one

What all do you carry in said box. I am looking for something to carry my saddle and hooks x2 and the extra gear we all lug around.

My 1650 holds saddle , 150' and 100' lines , Spikes w big pads , ascension gear , ect. I use 1660 for GRCS and and a 200' line , w extra room though the strap wrench generally doesn't make it in.

Have you ever tried your climb gear in your 1510. I have the middle sized tueflulburger bag that I will use for rope storage just looking for a saddle and hooks bin. When I head to things such as jambo and arbor trek hooks can come out leaving space for a rope or so.

Grendel what portable winch do u have and what are your thoughts on it i want one

PCW-5000, and it is sweet!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Ysvy02VZOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tzX49Db_e4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(I like this video, except for the end where dumbass is standing in the bight tempting fate.

Wow thats awesome in the second video those ma blocks with a rope through where the pulley sheeve pin would be anyone know who makes them any info? That set up would work on a job i did dropping nice wood down a ravine property owner said if i can get it out the logs are mine...

Back