For sale

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prices are in US dollars. Boomslang, because you are in canada I'll take 80$. I don't know the exact exchange rate on that.
Max I've paid to ship a saddle to the states was $40 canadian, that was all the way to Florida.

Richard is climbing in the same saddle right now.
Liking it a LOT, but the way the D-rings are set, takes some getting used to.

I have a Matt Cornell right now...just started using it last week, used it for a removal over the weekend.

I am liking it so far...this is the first real rope bridge I have had...my previous saddle has been a New Tribe Pro (Ness) and it was wonderful...super comfortable. But it is ten years old. I asked NT about rebuilding it but they said it is beyond the age they rebuild them...also said that based upon the descriptions of what I needed done it would be cheaper to just get a new saddle.

So I am trying the MCRS.

Re: the side rings...they are the same size as the leg/rope rings and the bridge ring. They work for a lanyard but I would like them bigger...I had the BIG D's on my New Tribe and got used to them, often hanging a biner off them temporarily or hitching a rope there temporarily when my hands were getting full. So...I would like to have larger side D's on the M. Cornell...but that is just me...they are definitely usable. They do seem maybe a bit farther back...have not ascertained that yet. With them being the same color (green) as the rope bridge ring it can be easy to quickly snap into a leg ring rather than a side ring...anything green on the saddle is OK to snap into...but they caution to always snap into one on each side, not just hang from one (strange, I have not ever even thought about hanging from just one ring).

But...the MCRS seems easier to get into and the adjustability of the legs/waist etc. looks like it will be a good thing.

$350 sounds like a wonderful price for sure. I'll probably get another thread going so some of us can comment on the Matt Cornell as they start to populate the TH folks.

That was my question about the MCRS when I first saw it, the rings (Dees) are small and seem to be pretty much free swinging. It looks like it might take a little extra effort to make sure you're clipped in, especially if you're in a tight spot.

Back