Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Prusik

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Becket Or Other Hitch

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I Hold On With My Arms/Legs The Way God Intended

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not sure what a muscle up is... One handed pull ups I give credit to climbing spurless on a taughtline for years

I climbed spurless for years with a tautline, what happened to my one handed pull-ups:whine:

[/QUOTE]

do Those a lot just not as a workout or contest thing. Basically I do them out of laziness to walk to the proper spot to climb over something.

When I was a teenger Van Damme or whatever he was called, showed in a movie the following move sided leg spred with ankles on 2 chairs and lower down 45cms below chair level:lol:

Felipe, speaking of vandamme, no doubt you are one of the 103m folks who have watched this

long as we, err me, derailing this thread, here is a good local commercial put out by an mma guy

Not fake, from all that I have read on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't rewatched the video, but I remember it as being an ad for a fancy computer controlled truck that emphasized the precise automated tracking and ride. Assuming all that's the case, the only difference between splitting on the trucks, and a stable base on the ground is wind pressure. Impressive, but attainable imo.

And I believe there was some sort of hidden safety harness in case he fell

Many cool things about that vid, including the music and the visibly rising sun

I take back some of the nice things I said about the Petzl Zillon. Very smooth action and easy to adjust under tension, but sometimes too easy to release and pay out slack. If I’m about level with my TIP, the ring/swivel/pulley on my bridge can hit it and release it. Not a super common position for me I guess, but sometimes necessary. Also sticks can touch it just right sometimes and release it. I’ve never seen a lanyard adjuster that needed so much attention.

I might use it as a DdRT device like the ZigZag, but really don’t need to, I already got two ZigZags. Wishing I bought an ART Positioner with swivel instead.

I don't like the idea of *any* climbing gear that needs a lot of attention. There's enough stuff going on that has to be done correctly without wondering "Does my rope have my back??".

I was just thinking about fliplines today, and wanting to setup a prusik on my wirecore. You guys that swap between prusik and mechanical grab; do you leave the grab on, maybe sliding it to the end, or do you remove it completely? Or maybe just a second lanyard? I doubt I'd do that with the wirecore. I don't climb enough for more than one, and I only have one set of spurs, so a "work setup" wouldn't make any sense for that.

For me, it’s one or the other.
Unless you’re dealing with a bunch of sap/ pitch, it’s hard to beat a hitch and pulley to tend it.
What kind of adjuster does your wire core have now? Rope grab?

It's a ClimbRight that came with my climbing set...

asc103-group-500.gif

It's fine. I don't have any complaints about operation that aren't inherent in the design, but I really like being able to easily let out some line under tension, and I like the smoothness of a pulley/prusik for drawing line in. I like 8mm Sterling for the cord. It isn't heat resistant, but it's very supple, and snatches up quick. It just wants to grab.

Do you have a pine lanyard? Rope grabs like that are always my preference for pitchy conifers. Hitches are great for everything else, I just like gadgets lol.

Back