Favorite make of chainsaw?

• Thread starter fallguy1960
  • Start date
  • Replies 123
  • Views 15K
Husky shot its' self in the foot and choked the chicken that layed the golden egg . They pulled their franchises in several Stihl dealerships .Gave them a choice ,Stihl or Husky .The dealers in return give them the power finger . The only Huskys you find within 40 miles are at Lowes etc .To make matters worse the company refused to credit or buy back the dealers existing stock they had on hand .Mad would be an understatement .

They Usually fix the husky's better up here.. Forget the Stihls... They seel em ... but dont ask them to fix it... LOL It will never be the same... 200t thread says it all... Echo is starting to get a good rep up here, all same dealer like you have there Steve... They do all three... I am going to try the Echo 50cc and see how I like it... The Echo rep (The factory guy) and I met the other day and I will get to try out the saw and any thing else I want for 30 days money back I if dont like it..

I don't know ,they come they go .At the present Dolmar is attempting a power play to capture some market shares . None will ever be successfull unless they have good dealer support .

Very few people with any brains would buy something you can't have repaired in a timely fashion .Oh sure you could track down a part timer like me to wrench on them but that certanly is not the answer to success .Besides that I'm such an independent cuss I only turn a wrench if I feel like it .:lol: Annoy me and it will never get done ,insult me I'll get nasty which is why I would never be a good business man . That said I don't think I'll quit my day job .;)

My point had been that when the 372 came out it was a blatant rip off of alot of Stihl features at the time in rebuttal to Hornett22's statement that Stihl had stolen features off the 372. Do y'all remember the previous to that generation of Husky's? Can you say heli coil and numb hands? I'll admit that they do go both ways on stealing the others ideas but at that particular time with that particular series of saws Husky needed some drastic improvements and alot of them came from Stihl. Imo;)

And Dave Sheppard yes a 361 is way more smooth vibe wise than a 036.

Here the Stihl and Husky dealers are the same store. Stihl does piss me off by not allowing mailorder though. I was gonna ask my local shop if they could lower their counter as I'm not that tall and I find it uncomfortable each time I go in there and get bent over it.

Recently, Volvo Rents down in the valley (good repair too) dropped Husky.. I went down there to try and get a Husky fixed I was having issues with. Oiler kept giving out. Dealer replaced it few times and same chit. I was informed at the counter once I got there that they dropped Husky because the repair parts they were ordering were often defective (too high a percentage) and Husky was not honoring any returns on the defective parts. I know they all do this on some things. But it does say a lot when a Dealer and service dept (good sized one) drops them.

You are going to take a royal screwin on any thing you must use OEM repair parts on . Doesn't make a diff if it's a chainsaw or an automobile machine tool ,whatever . The Germans are the best in the world at designing mechanical or even electronics based around OEM designs . It's usually good stuff but they have you by the short and curlies for repairs .

Now this might work for the consumer of which we all fall into that catagory .However they get to fooling with a corperate giant using those tactics they loose . I've been a part of many redesigns on automated machine tools because some hardheaded German company thought they could play hardball . Funny part is after a bit of "Yankee ingenuity " the machines ran better than the original designs .Don't get mad ,get even .;)

Well,here is another thing .It seems that US manufactures have a tendency to forget history ,automobiles ,electronics just about any consumer goods .

They get a good product then get lacka- daisical about quality price etc . Pretty soon up comes some import that does as good ,often times better and grabs market shares then they have to go back to square one and recapture what they never should have lost in the first place . Once again just history repeating itself . It's not lost on the factory floor but rather in the board room .:X

WE don't deal with Husqvana chainsaws. We rent, sell and repair Redmax. We also still work on older Homelites (we still have a stock of parts from the days when we rented Super XL's). We have had to deal with Electrolux for a while now. Target and Partner being two brands we carry that are now owned by Electrolux. Service from Electrolux has always been a problem, our rep is so upset by the problems he told us he's leaving.
For my next chainsaw I'm looking at a real mans saw.

Attachments

• 5bd1_12.JPG
    5bd1_12.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 55
:lol: That thing reminds me of a pair of skis I had when I was 9. I think they were former rentals as well.

wow.........................

My point had been that when the 372 came out it was a blatant rip off of alot of Stihl features at the time in rebuttal to Hornett22's statement that Stihl had stolen features off the 372. Do y'all remember the previous to that generation of Husky's? Can you say heli coil and numb hands? I'll admit that they do go both ways on stealing the others ideas but at that particular time with that particular series of saws Husky needed some drastic improvements and alot of them came from Stihl. Imo;)

And Dave Sheppard yes a 361 is way more smooth vibe wise than a 036.

Here the Stihl and Husky dealers are the same store. Stihl does piss me off by not allowing mailorder though. I was gonna ask my local shop if they could lower their counter as I'm not that tall and I find it uncomfortable each time I go in there and get bent over it.

i forgot how much i loved get shit stirred up! i knew i'd get someone on that one.:lol:

my biggest complaint with Stihl besides the 4mix crap is the price of parts.my buddy bought an air filter for an 026 pro for $45.i bought one for a 395xp for just under $30.

as for chain,Stihl kicks ass,same with the 192t and 200t.they make some great stuff but some of it has me scratching my head.

sounds familiar.

Recently, Volvo Rents down in the valley (good repair too) dropped Husky.. I went down there to try and get a Husky fixed I was having issues with. Oiler kept giving out. Dealer replaced it few times and same chit. I was informed at the counter once I got there that they dropped Husky because the repair parts they were ordering were often defective (too high a percentage) and Husky was not honoring any returns on the defective parts. I know they all do this on some things. But it does say a lot when a Dealer and service dept (good sized one) drops them.

GM was doing that around 2003.i'm so glad i got out of auto repair.

Justin, Actually I DO remember the Husky generations before the 372. I own Both a 371 and a 268. Great saws. I have no idea what you think got stolen by either company. 2 cycle engines had been around a long time.So had oil pumps, electronic ignition, antivibration, centrifigal clutches, and rim sprockets. Oh there is airfiltration..........but Husky kicked Stihl's butt in every generation so why would the steal Stihl's inferior technology...and they patently did not since Husky kept their better filtering systems.

my biggest complaint with Stihl besides the 4mix crap is the price of parts.my buddy bought an air filter for an 026 pro for $45.i bought one for a 395xp for just under $30.

as for chain,Stihl kicks ass,same with the 192t and 200t.they make some great stuff but some of it has me scratching my head.

I guess it's all about where you live... I can get parts, chains, and bars for waaaaayyyyy cheaper than what most of you are paying. Having a saw shop that supports local logging operations helps. I can go i there and usually find parts for old Stihl and Husqvarna saws o the shelf, since a lot of the old saws are still bein' used in the woods to this day.

Gary

Prices are all to do with competition .Washington state would obviously have more of same than Ohio which would have more than Conn .

Another thing to consider is the fact that the Stihl corp pretty much sets the prices a dealer charges .As I've said a zillion times though ,anything that you must use strictly OEM parts for repair is made intentionly that way to assure complete company control . Just a fact you have to live with ,like it or not .

Auto Zine and the like.

Gary
Auto Zine :P You must have as fat of fingers as myself .

Ah the goofy part about auto parts is the fact that the parts after a period of time are made by an after market supplier ,not by the auto companies .They just get repackaged .Genuine GM parts is a misnomer .By the way 95 percent of all piston rings are made by companies in proximity to Muskegon Mich . ,for what that's worth .

Back