Effective way to haul debris up a steep hill

Pics help on this sorta thing. 3 4x4' posts to make a tripod, guyed back, up top. Tie to what you have at river, as high as possible. Controlled spelling uphill. Grcs and drill for power.

Jack's slow line video... Take ideas from it as applicable.

And, if there's nothing to strap a GRCS to, get some kind of capstan winch. I've used my 034 Super powered Simpson a fair bit lately. Sean's tripod to provide an anchor and height is the way to go.

I was going to suggest the capstan as well, but thought that if it was for only one job and you didn't have future use for it, might not be practical. They are very handy for pulling up a load.

Is there a wide enough path to bring in a tracked loader? 8' and you should be able to pick up brush with a grapple. You could rent one and a dump trailer or sub a dump truck. They do well on steep terrain and distribute weight well. Or perhaps you could rent a tracked chipper in your area and broadcast chips?

I get the impression that Eric posted this thread out of desperation. There is no practical solution, but i will try anyway.

rent a conveyor setup. People use them to excavate foundations and the like. Might work. hire some kids to haul it up.

Whur'd he go?

Lots of suggestions...maybe he's there carrying one log as a time up the hill on an hourly rate....:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry everyone. I've been busy but I have been reading everyone's thoughts. I have pretty much decided on the barge option. A company here does high end dock installs and rip rap work. They will drop off bins for me to fill and then pick them up and haul to my trailer waiting at the boat launch. Price quoted was $400-$600 for the barge. Our labor will only be $200-300. Way easier than hauling everything up the hill. There is no machine or method for taking it up that will be easier than throwing it on the barge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hahaha.
I think our labor is fine. I don't see this taking me and my partner more than an hour to load and about a half of an hour of disposal time. Regardless, it's T&M so the customer will pay for our time.

I've climbed some pretty steep grades with my Muck Truck in 1st gear with about 800 lbs on.
Not sure I have done 38 degree inclines like the Muck Truck website claims it can do. But by off centering the load ahead to compensate for the incline I done a lot of steep terrain work with that little machine.

Attachments

• 287.jpg
    287.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 290.jpg
    290.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 53
:lol: yeah pretty level alright.

I never took any pics of those hill climbs up at Flin Flon an hour north of here.

Attachments

• 20130908_155234.jpg
    20130908_155234.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 50
  • SDC11958.JPG
    SDC11958.JPG
    404.5 KB · Views: 50
Back