Dump Trailers

That's a good looking trailer Brian, hope you are happy with it.

Finally decided to sell mine, had it for a long time and it's been a good one but haven't used it much since I gave up doing palms a few years ago. Galvanized so no rust.

Selling it to the guy that used to work for me, from mid 80's. His wife nagged him to leave and go out by himself, that was ok, he still helped me when needed.

Lasted about three years, then she nagged him to get a real job. That was ok, he got a job with the local council, full benefits and every second Monday off so he'd work with me and do side jobs on Saturday.

Then she packed up and left after 35 years, so he had to remortgage his house to pay her off.

So, looks like my trailer will live on doing tree work. And people wonder why you like being single.:drink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've used it a few times and it's really solid. Much better built than my other one. The only mod I've made is the tarp. I lowered the mounting location in front to get the spool below the height of the box, and relocated the back hooks to the back of the doors. I don't haul sand or gravel so tarp hooks on top of the box won't work if there is a log in the way. I also emailed the manufacturer to suggest these mods since they won't cost a dime to implement.

And comparing weight slips from the dump it appears this trailer is about 1100-1200 lbs heavier than the old one.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 46
Axles are rated for 9000 lbs. They are not Dexters, not sure of the brand. I remember the guy I spoke with saying that Dexters may be assembled in the US but most of the components come from overseas.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/HH6PmtK"><a href="//imgur.com/HH6PmtK">Don't worry. I'm a professional</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So this belongs to a local guy that uses it for work on his property. The winch is behind the license plate. Another pulley/fair lead goes into the receiver and/or the two brackets on the bumper. Winch line goes over the cab and over the top pulley and down to the bottom front of the insert. Spool and dump. He says he can haul and dump about 1/2 yard of rocks or dirt capacity. I mean, it is a Toyota for Pete's sake. Said it dumps fire wood pretty fair as well......

Attachments

• 20190211_161027.jpg
    20190211_161027.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190211_161040.jpg
    20190211_161040.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190211_161129.jpg
    20190211_161129.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 36
Well a lot has changed in 3 years since I started this thread. The business is gone, both dump trailers are gone and I've spent the last year unemployed and sitting on my ass. A few weeks ago I decided I was finally ready to get back to work and figured it would be a good idea to buy a mini loader and hire myself out. This morning I signed the paperwork on the Avant 528 AVANT 528 - https://www.avanttecno.com/us/machines/500-series/avant-528 but I need a trailer for hauling it around. A dump trailer makes sense for hauling stump grindings or small amounts of debris I might generate on jobs (I am NOT getting into the hauling business). Also I am limited by the capacity of my truck, a 2016 F150.

So I'm shopping for a 6x12 dump with 5200 lb axles (6 lug). I'm amazed at the prices! Trailers are selling on average for $3000-4000 more than they were 3-4 years ago. The 7x14 U-Dump I replaced at the beginning of this thread was less than $8K 4 years ago and is now $11K. The $11K Texas Pride is now $15K! I found a Big Tex 6x12 with 21" sides for $9K out the door and that's the lowest price I've found anywhere. And there is absolutely nothing available used.

Here's what I found. $9033 with tax, tag and title fees. Insane price but they are only going to get more expensive. And owning a dump trailer is like money in the bank, you can always get your money back out of them. BIG TEX TRAILER WORLD-INC 90SR 10K SINGLE RAM LP DUMP(6x12) 7SIR BLACK - https://www.bigtextrailerworld.com/trailers/236142/big-tex-trailer-world-inc-90sr-10k-single-ram-lp-dump6x12-7sir-black.html?inventory_id=236142&user_id=435

I never heard that second part about it being like money in the bank.

People say that about firewood, too.

I've been window shopping, considering getting rid of my chip truck in favor of a dump trailer.

I bet you're right, not going to get cheaper.

I never heard that second part about it being like money in the bank.

People say that about firewood, too.

I've been window shopping, considering getting rid of my chip truck in favor of a dump trailer.

I bet you're right, not going to get cheaper.
Check your local Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace ads for dump trailers. Look at what people are asking for worn out, clapped out trailers. You can sell a 10 year old dump trailer today for more than it cost new.

I had to drive ~250 miles to get my Big Tex last December. Found four available. The one I bought was closest and cheapest.

I dig the name of the company. Somebody was thinking

They need to hire better welders. Mine had some paltry welding/assembly compared to the Load Trail I bought from Carl.

Back