Does Anyone Read the Whole Site Anymore?

Old Monkey

Treehouser
It's been years since I kept up with every thread here on the Tree House. Is anyone still following everything?

If it's oriented towards work stuff, I keep pretty close tabs.

Some threads I'll just drop in for a little bit, but not read all posts. I get weary of much of the politics, religion, philosophy stuff after not too long.

A very few individuals, and I mean very few, I don't read much of their posts at all.

To a large degree, it depends on what's going on in the real world...winter is slower, so I check out more of the House than in field season.

Usually pretty current here, but then I mistakenly hit the "Mark Forums Read" button and it wipes out what I haven't seen on the "What's New" page, then I get behind pretty hopelessly for awhile.

I used to read every post for several years. Some time in the last year I quit all that and now only check a dozen or less threads per day.

I read most everything with exception of speed reading threads that I would rather not post in. I read most all because I like to know how my brothers and sisters in here think and feel. I also like to throw a curve ball in some threads to try to lighten the mood some. I read the old stuff again by checking in on the Who's On Line option to see what others are reading I may have read in the past but would like to read again. Maybe I am sick....

In the winter I read a lot of different stuff. During the busy season I tend to read the how'd it go today and work pics threads just to keep an ear to how everyone is doing. I participate far less during my busy seasons. Nothing personal, I just am on the move and when I'm finally home I'm totally shot.

I skim more often these days, probably check out 30-50% of the new posts. I never did follow 100% either.

I"m the opposite of Burnham. I check out the non work oriented threads first and if I have an inclination I will check out some work threads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I'm kind of that way. The work threads are too much like what I do for a living. If I was a politician I'd be all over those and the chainsaw threads.

I read EVERYTHING!
I don't have kids to yell at, so this is how I relax after work.

Who has the time to read all the threads? That's nutz.

I really like the random pictures thread. Some of the pics you guys post are priceless. Though I admit I have never contributed to it. sorry.

But keep'um coming.

I think the random pics thread took a nosedive when the thumbnails thing started. I still check it out, though. Just sayin....

Back