Dave (DMc) is soooo busted!

• Thread starter Blinky
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
B

Blinky

It's easy to figure out he's the wild man in Ed Hobb's book who straightened a Stubai locking biner. Makes me not feel so bad when i have to admit i cut a top with my tie-in still in it.

Great story, not enough of it though.

What book is this? I didn't know Ed Hobbs wrote a book. And how in the world does one straighten a Stubai carabiner? And how did you end up cutting a top with your line still in it? Storytime!

So Chip, were you hugging that tree hard??? ;)

and I have taken a big limb out once without first running the rope thru my block...:|::O watched in shock as it free-fell to the ground, missing the shed below, whew,,,,, Josh was more surprised than me though, was on the porty ready for the weight that never came!

:lol: I'm always playing this joke on my groundie. I pretend like I'm tying off a huge piece (that doesn't really need to be lowered) and have him get ready on the Porty. Then when I cut the piece I yank the slip knot and the piece goes crashing to the ground. Sometimes he actually falls over from the surprise of it. It never gets old. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep Cary, it's sucked me into the trunk nice and tight.

I forgot to slip the knot back up after facing a sycamore top and pitched it onto a streetlight line... right in front of the FEMA QA guy and a couple of other white hats in NOLA. Very embarrassing. There WERE extenuating circumstances however.

The story about Dave is one of the better ones in the book but all are way too short. Dave was out of control in his youth... makes me proud to know him.

Come on now.
Stop being a tease, and give us a link to the book.

Please!

thats the old book of equipment, with the euc man oak man story in it
good read
for a history book

god the jokes you play on your groundies are great
i did have a groundie answer his phone as i let off a huge top, rope just kept running, and there he was in the street arguing with his old lady on the phone
thank god i was working for another company and he was the foreman

he spent a good hour fraying a sling to make it look like equipment failure
and the owner wondered why i was grumpy all the time...wonder why

thats the old book of equipment, with the euc man oak man story in it
good read
for a history book

god the jokes you play on your groundies are great
i did have a groundie answer his phone as i let off a huge top, rope just kept running, and there he was in the street arguing with his old lady on the phone
thank god i was working for another company and he was the foreman

he spent a good hour fraying a sling to make it look like equipment failure
and the owner wondered why i was grumpy all the time...wonder why

Dave, I see you use paragraph's instead of comma's. Kinda cool and different.
Jeff (smile)

I bought 2 autographed copies of the books personally from the man himself - Ed Hobbs. He was kind enough to answer a lot of my questions and we're now good friends.

Back