Cat Rescue... kinda sporty

• Thread starter Blinky
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 8K
What a slanted title.

A person won't let someone come on his property and try to kill themselves trying to rescue a cat. Then he freaks out when the people think they aren't trespassing when they lean a ladder against his wall.

Friggin idiots. He should consider pressing charges, the fact that he's a cop doesn't matter.

WTF? You tell someone to not come on your land, they do anyway, and your response is to put up a sign?*

Let the Red flow back in man! I think Darin's a bad influence on you.

*: In MS, all land is considered posted, signs aren't required.

It's not exactly like that in Ohio but close .Some things are just considered common courtesy . Respect of a persons home and property are high on that list .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Neighbors like that suck in my opinion. Yes they should get permission before going onto his property... and yes he should grant it. I can walk onto my neighbor's property anytime I want, play with there dogs, borrow the lawnmower, whatever... we're NEIGHBORS.

I wish people had enough balls and integrity to behave like they used to. Nobody ordered anybody off their property when I was a kid unless they were just a grumpy old asshole. WTF? Just because it's your property doesn't mean you should lord over it like a jealous prick. But yes he's well within his rights.

People like that should try being neighborly sometime... maybe help out instead being a dickhead. It's a hell of a lot more fun and you never know when you might need some help yourself.

Cats will just be cats ,they can't help themselves . You can make a dog mind but I've as yet to get a cat to do anything it didn't want to do .

I mean you don't see the dog get stuck in a tree nor do they hop on top of a warm car engine to warm up only to have a tail get wacked off when you start it up by the fan belt . On the other hand I've never seen a cat chase a car or get overly friendly with your leg so maybe it's a toss up .:lol:

The minute somebody starts forbidding me from doing something because they are afraid of me suing them if I hurt myself on their property, it becomes very difficult for me to retain any sort of respect or reasonableness towards said asshole.

I won't say any more on the matter because I can't do so in a civilized manner.

I've never been forbidden but then too I always asked first .

Case in point ,a few years back we had a class one tornado ,baby one .It left some stuff torn up including some trees in the woods next to me . I called and asked permission to remove some downed trees from the old lady that owns it but assured her I would not bring suit against her if I injured myself .She asked and was concerned about it .

Sounds trivial but honestly some people are real concerned about law suits . I think there are too many shyster lawyers these days .

Now this cat deal in the tree or whatever ,I wasn't there .If I however came out and saw a bunch of people scampering over my property unannounced I'd be a tad bit pissed too .They may have asked In this case too and the guy was just being a prick about it ,don't know .

There was a time long ago when certain cultures (i.e. Egyptians) worshipped cats as gods. Cats have never forgotten this. ;)

Just finished recue/encouraging "Shredder" from a tree. Cat was 60' up a black oak. Third day, looked lifeless till I got close......as usual.:X He went ape shit when I grabbed him with the pillow case. This time I pushed him straight into the trunk so he could grab on. I let go and the Mofo climbed all the way back down......hahahahahha. Still got paid.:D

[...]This time I pushed him straight into the trunk so he could grab on. I let go and the Mofo climbed all the way back down......hahahahahha. Still got paid.:D

You shoulda charged extra for giving him climbing lesson.

There was a time long ago when certain cultures (i.e. Egyptians) worshipped cats as gods. Cats have never forgotten this. ;)
They also claimed certain Orientals eat the danged things too .I can't really say but they used to make nice tennis racquets .:/:

seems the guy let them try a day or so then probably saw they had no idea what they were doing. he would probably let them hire an insured professional to go up but i dont blame him one bit for calling it off. keep your stupid cat home if you care so much about it

If the guy gave'em a shot and they screwed it up by trying a bunch of cockamamie dangerous crap, then I support him completely. I got the impression he just wouldn't let anybody set foot on his property at all... which probably could've been remedied had the people asked for permission first.

I just think most of us could stand to know and cooperate with our neighbors a little better.

Back