"Crane Tree Removal" ACE Tree Management

• Thread starter AceTreeMaster
  • Start date
  • Replies 52
  • Views 8K
When using a rope to assist in pulling a spar into the lay, I'll tie the knot on the back side and run the rope up over the top of the log. That way when it's on the ground, the knot is on top. I think I learned that from Willie.

How a section lands depends most on the ratio of its length to its height from the ground. I'm talking bare stems, no brush on the sections to change their aerodynamics. with that a given it is all very calculable the lengths you cut and what end hits first.

That was a tall tree. Early on sections were only rotating a little better than 180 before they hit the ground. Cool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
His MO is to post/advertize and then skeedaddle.

That's nice. O when i get time between running a business 7 days a week and then dealing with the days work issues that comes up and then after family time, i wish i could read and post more but, with a wife that thinks I'm already totally obsessed with tree work, ha ,what do wifes know lol..could she be right, no way ,its sunday morning now, kids still need to the dressed for sports today,car is running, phone ring, and I'm sitting here writing this post, NO Im not obsessed or skeedaddling just trying to please everyone and that's harder than climbing the biggest baddest tree god can throw at me lol. Happy to post/answer questions in time when free but, family then work comes first before posting,hope you can understand that ,thanks for your time again Tree House.:thumb:

ACE
(Mark)

When using a rope to assist in pulling a spar into the lay, I'll tie the knot on the back side and run the rope up over the top of the log. That way when it's on the ground, the knot is on top. I think I learned that from Willie.

Another advantage is the most leverage possible as the line comes over the very top.
If I have a lift available, i usually prefer to just fly back up and shove the log over

crikey_logo.jpeg

Splendid video as usual!

Thanks for posting it.

I was emailing with someone at Bailey's and he was telling me that they send a lot of 'Big Shots' to Australia and vicinity.

Spooked me early on when the pick rode out over the top of the lift platform...
Burnham,
That first spooked lift is called a Heart Starter in Aussie land, lol lol.

:):):D:D
Happy new year Tree House,
All the best for 2012.:occasion7:
hope you have a safe 2012

Cheers
ACE :beerchug:

Wow, you are up late, MB. My excuse was watching tonite's UFC fight

Back