Cool Rigging!

I think he mentioned something at Steves "yes I know the porty's tied wrong".

MY old boss used to snub shit off like that on me. Hard not to do natural crotch with trunk wraps. I'm climbing for him tommorrow, he's gonna try new school if it's up to me.

He did it that way, because they forgot their longer lowering lines, and the shop was a long drive away. So, they tied two lines together, and used the PW-3 as if it were a PW-1, which allowed the knot to pass.

Definitely several pieces weren't let run enough. But some of the longer branches had to be held fairly tight to miss the roof, it appeared.

The wood rigging was quite cool. Though, I'd bet much of it could have been cut short and tossed clear of the new cement.

The builder of that house must have had a screw loose to allow that oak to undermine the foundation of what appeared to be a nice house . How dumb is that :?

I ran the porty like they did in that video the other day because the rigging line got so sappy, it wouldn't budge when treaded normally. Running it as shown in that video allowed me to run the line more smoothly with the sap and when all I wanted was a little friction.

...learn something new everyday...

The builder of that house must have had a screw loose to allow that oak to undermine the foundation of what appeared to be a nice house . How dumb is that :?

Al, you would be surprized how common that is. Having the tree removed prior to building anything is just too much of a price to pay because it isn't in the construction budget. We do work at a campground that has trailors on site permanently. They build an addition or a deck off to the side and have a tree right in the middle of everything. :|::|: They just build around it.

Well I have a buddy I was in the navy with that built a deck around a 200 foot Douglas fir too but it was 20 feet away from his house which was near Portland .

That' s a lot different than building near a tree that will surely ruin the foundation of the house if given enough time .

It certainly would be simpler to drop and stump grind before building than wait 20-30 years and pay dearly for it .

On the other hand though just a few years ago I removed some cottonwoods that were allowed to grow next to a pole barn .Like they wouldn't get any larger or something .:?

I ran the porty like they did in that video the other day because the rigging line got so sappy, it wouldn't budge when treaded normally. Running it as shown in that video allowed me to run the line more smoothly with the sap and when all I wanted was a little friction.

...learn something new everyday...

You are going to go far.

Man i just had another tree service go belly up and ask me to do all their work.

Back