City workers felling a tree......bystander injured.

Well, I wonder how they're gonna do something like that in the future? The city is gonna take a hella financial hit, so I bet they change things up. I wonder how much money that guy is gonna get?

Even if you have to fell the stem across the sidewalk, it's no problem generally to build up a pile higher than the sidewalk. I've dropped several 40"+ trunks right in the street over the past few years.

The workers have to watch out for bystanders, but I also think it is bad personal judgement to be standing within the proximity of a falling tree, where a part can come flying off and break your leg. So, sue the city? If a piece flew through the window of the bar, it would be another thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. I personally believe the workers were negligent in establishing and securing a safe work area. I wouldn't blame the guy at all if he decided to sue. It was the crew's legal responsibility to ensure everyone's safety, not his. Bad personal judgement on his part? Sure, but people in general have no idea how potentially dangerous tree work is, and their natural curiosity draws them in, because tree work is fascinating to most.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He'll probably have to after the anticipated 10-12 week hospital stay.

But, if he pees dirty, the city lawyers will probably be able to throw it out of court. I hope the guy didn't smoke a joint a week ago!

But, if he pees dirty, the city lawyers will probably be able to throw it out of court. I hope the guy didn't smoke a joint a week ago!

Yup that's a tough one, they are trying to figure out how to tell if a person is under the influence while driving, now that weed has become legal here in CO. I've heard something about measuring what percentage of THC is in the blood...sounds expensive.

Back