Chruch shooting near me and front site

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
I think this guy is cool.
Here is what he says about this shooting that happened very close to me.
Im going to his classes mostly because i like to shoot and shoot well.
But even more so to support a fellow with a vision.
Long live the second amendment.
Alot of you guys will laugh but sign up for his newsletters and blogs ive been getting them for months.
He is one of the few realist out there .
His four day offensive hand gun training class is a good deal when you do the numbers.

http://www.frontsight.com/20.asp

You can actually walk away with four intensive days of fire arms training and if you take a partener both of you will get nice new glocks or better yet browning .45's
He semms pricey untill you look into it.
Hes trained thousands I cant wait ill let you guys know how it goes.
where i live ... knowing how to shoot very well is what keeps the robbers at bay.Got my preferred weapon close at hand .12 gauge:O

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Attend the Following Courses Free of Charge and As Many Times As You Wish for the Rest of Your Life:
Two Day Defensive Handgun; Two Day Tactical Shotgun; Two Day Practical Rifle; Two Day Uzi Submachine Gun; Two Day Select Fire M16; Four Day Defensive Handgun; Four Day Tactical Shotgun; Four Day Practical Rifle; Four Day Uzi Submachine Gun; Four Day Select Fire M16.
Thats a freaking deal my friends

You thinking of fortifying your property and declaring it an independent state?

I'm not sure what you mean Darin? From what I gathered the other people in the church overpowered him with brute force not with firepower? But from the sounds of it that psycho deserves a bullet to the head imo.

Jerry's reaction to the church shooting is to take more gun classes. I was just pondering if folks had attended church with guns the outcome would have been any better.

I think its cool they dog piled the guy. I hope they threw a few kicks in after he was already pinned.

Self defense: I don't believe it's the choice of weapon as the attitude of being able to defend yourself in any situation and being capable of dealing with mortal threats vs. being unarmed, defenseless and having to run for cover and hope the cops show up before you die. People who think that the cops are supposed to defend you are typically against gun ownership and concealed carry. People who believe that your self defense is your own responsibility are typically for gun ownership and concealed carry. Those of you without guns will end up being protected by those who carry, long before the cops show up.

I always wonder about that brave thing. When I was a firefighter we always used to wonder if a rootball came rolling down the hill if we'd knock our buddies out of the way and take the hit for them. I am not certain it is bravery that makes people act. It seems to me that when something sudden and bad happens some people freeze and some people react. Fear does not seem to be what makes people freeze and courage doesn't seem to be what makes people react. I think imagining bad things before they happen might have something to do with it.

I am not opposed to gun ownership, I just don't want one around my family. Would I have charged that guy? I don't know.

Yah it's starting to change though, now everyone's gotta have a blade or a piece and fork you right up to prove how manly they are. Whatever happened to just being satisfied with bloodying somebody's nose or blackening their eyes? Kids these days.

Yah it's starting to change though, now everyone's gotta have a blade or a piece and fork you right up to prove how manly they are. Whatever happened to just being satisfied with bloodying somebody's nose or blackening their eyes? Kids these days.

come on down and give me a free shot Squish, I can help remind you how much fun a bloody nose is :P

I hear you tho, more and more around here its bullets rather than knuckles going on.

id like to think that if someone there had a conceled weapon and saw everyone heading for the guy that they would wait just to make sure the guy didnt get loose and start blasting. no shots needed till they are needed. having never been in that situation its just a stinky opinion

Darin: ... I am not certain it is bravery that makes people act. It seems to me that when something sudden and bad happens some people freeze and some people react. Fear does not seem to be what makes people freeze and courage doesn't seem to be what makes people react.

I had a friend tell me he was sure I would jump in front of a gunman to protect his kids.

I had to be honest with him and tell him I did not know how I would react, and would not know until (heaven forbid) I actually was in that situation

I was in a situation once where I was on a fire strike team of five trucks and we were going to a fire at McArthur, CA. We were at a gas station at about 1:00 AM in south Sacramento fueling up and gunshots came from the intersection there. Some guy is standing by his drivers door and shooting the tail lights out of the car in front of him (which we found out later contained his old GF with her new BF). The guys from Modesto Fire Dept. went running at the guy and confronted him and he hopped in his car and left, but I was just peeking around the corner of the truck thinking to myself "you guys are crazy, he has a gun!".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Point is if you pratice alot and are very good with a weapon you can actually hit what you are shooting at .

IMO Front Site is another form of kool-aid. He sells his opinion as fact and look silly while doing it.

ETA, I just looked at his "offer" and what a load of crap! He will "give" you a membership if you buy 4 memberships and give one to your religious leader? What a load of it. Seriously Jerry, that dude is less impressive than a used car salesman. A regular membership is $6900, but because he's having a super duper deal because he's religious and a defender of the faith, he'll sell you 5 for $4900.

So he's suppose to be a good guy, seriously?

Darin, as far as I know, there has never been a bystander shot by person with a concealed carry permit. Making a decision or training beforehand speeds up reaction times from my experiance.

Back