Chippers won't shut off

Page

TreeHouser
So my chipper won't shut off(bandit 250)I changed the ignition but that didn't help. I can ge it to shut off sometimes by holding the tattletale button and jiggling the key. But the battery still is draining. Any suggestions? Also does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the ignition? Thanks in advance

...does sound electric , my Diesel has a manual momentary fuel cut off switch / lever .... Wonder if you could fuel starve it to kill it till you get the prob diagnosed

Its in the starter, mine did the same thing. Solenoid if I recall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The starter is new. I suppose it coulda been a dud but seems unlikely

Won't stop running the engine, or drawing power??

A battery kill switch in-line with the negative power cable, until the real problem is fixed???

Haven't put a switch in I just left the terminal loose enough to pull on and off. Is ignition switch the same as ignition? If so that is new.

Is it diesel? Is it not shutting off or drawing power from the battery when the switch is off? I'm confused what's really going on here.

It does not want to shut off but it will eventually when holding the tattle tale button and jiggling key. But the battery continues to drain. Starter and ignition are new.

I'd lean towards the ignition switch, where the key goes. These can tend to short out and lead to a parasitic draw on the battery. If it's shorted out it could also be losing contact on the ground, or power side. If it's diesel it has a fuel shut off solenoid that will require power when it's running, if the key switch is shorted out it might be providing power to the solenoid all the time, hence it doesn't want to shut off, and the power drain.

....I have one I can't find (yet) ... Same circuit as engine clock. Minute current draw which crappuly flattens battery. I disconnect one Battery terminal when not running , saves me junpstarting

Back