chainsaw scabbards

Mine has plywood for the inside board but the two spacers are made out of 1" thick wood and that is the part that the chain touches. It's doing OK, has been in there since March, so it hasn't been there too long.

I gotta look for them Brian. I dont need them all rebuilt but I would send you some for molds, parts, ect.

Say,a thought occured to me .What a person needs for a scabbard is a material that will stand up the rigors of the work involved plus not be to so rigidly made that it could damage the saw .

Obviously some thermal plastic or nylon material would be ideal .The problem is the fact the stuff is costly .

Aha ,the old dumpster diver has a plan . Often times parts suppliers to industry use a plastic type sheet spacer when shipping parts to say automotive companies and like industrys .Now these shipments periodically change and new methods of dunnage are devised .

What I'm taking about are shipping boxes that are designed to be loaded and unloaded by robotics . When the parts designs change the boxes also change as they usually can't be altered in a manner that will suffice .

It would make sense that this sheet material would be floating around someplace by the ton . Perhaps if a person investigated companies that deal in the manfacture of these "Hi tech " shipping boxes that perhaps a large amount of this stuff could be located at a price that wouldn't break the bank .Worth a try .

I heard it rots when it gets wet, How about trying some plywood and see how it holds up?

where is the wear point on these bucket scabbards? If its on the areas the upper and lower chain contact, what about rollers of sorts of a semi durable (not damaging to chains but not super easy to cut) in those places?

I am thinking about the Felco hand saw scabbard when I post this, it has a roller on the tooth side of the blade...

if its another area that wears out frst then please disregard this post, and most of my other posts. :D

Back