Chainsaw flywheel

Note: not necessarily saw specific.

I always start by deep googling, most small engines have an exploded parts diagram, sometimes complete with specs for a rebuild. My welding machine for example has every iteration of it over multiple decades as both owners manuals and literally step by step rebuild instructions and specs. Obviously when you get into machining surfaces the price of poker and knowledge goes up, but there are some old school tricks if you research and learn them. For most complex machinery like vehicles, you can often hunt down either chilton or haynes manuals, or go all in and get the actual shop repair manuals (much more expensive but literally walk someone completely through the repair). There are also subscriptions to repair manuals too, so you can have unlimited access to multiple makes, etc. When you take your car to the dealer, that's what their mechanics literally do, they open the file, and then check off each step as they go through it.

The part # for the generator changed sometime between the 2011 and 2013 version of the 576XP. Usually a part # change results from technical upgrades, refinements, design changes. That’s bitten me a time or two when buying off fleaBay, when the seller ‘assumes’ if it looks like a certain part and lists by the erroneous part number.

Poulan Pro has got to be the worst saw I have worked with/on. I was looking for a basic saw to leave out at the day camp for general cleanup of wind throw etc. I asked the guys at Countryside Lawn Equipment on Jackson Rd outside Ann Arbor while I was buying parts for the zero turn mower if they had any trade-ins they’d sell cheap. They said they had one a customer no longer wanted and they’d gladly just give it to me. That was the first and last Poulan I’ll ever bother with! They likely were laughing as I drove off with it.

My first PoulanPro(~2012) was decent. No Stihl, but it was a $150 saw that reliably cut wood. No av though, so it made my fingers tingle. I later got one from a pawn shop NIB for $75 due to my previous positive experience. Junk! It's got av, but it's mushy, and the whole thing feels cheap. It also has tuning issues that may or may not be fixed. It's gonna be my office saw again, so it remains to be seen if it'll behave itself.

He’s poulan and poulan and poulan to start that junk ... Dull chain and fruitcake cutter - good for a boat anchor !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, just wondering, is he high or just totally nuts.

I presume 'both' is the answer

All I can do is laugh. The way he threw away that cigarette may have been the best part... What an actor. Poor guy broke his hammer!

I think our aunt bought us a matched set of poulans when we first started out and I wanted to find a couple throw away saws for brushing jobs. One of our old Huskys had died. Ran one, got fed up in minutes, but them back in their boxes and got our money back. Went to our local shop and bought two huskys. God that was an awful day. Saws never left the property. Took me 3 hours to return them to come back up the hill to buy proper saws local

I couldn't watch the whole video. Too much concentrated wrongness.

On other equipment like small engines and motorcycles the little ring structure of coils and iron poles is called a stator.

Every so often someone gives a poulan or similar and I now regard them as garage clutter. However I've been given a couple corded electric chainsaws and although they're not much better I suppose one day I may want to quiet cut in the back yard for neighbour brownie points.

On an aside, you stateside guys owe Canada side guys an apology for the overflow bleed of all the political crap surrounding you know who flooding the Canadian news. Apology, a Canadian thing, eh? :) Whole 'nuther mindset.

Back