Chainsaw dawgs

your saw may not sit on the shelf as well with them but it will do everything else better:)

Made dogs for the 090. Had a guy trace, scan and email me a actual size dog from his saw that has some damn agressive teeth on his. 4" grinder, cutoff wheel and some 1/8" stainless. Just sat at the bench and carved'em out, even got paid to do it... heh

I was wondering if anybody was gonna suggest this. Take the dogs off your saw, trace them, and if you want to, add a little more length to each spike. Then just cut em out.

Jonny,
He called these west coast dawgs if l remember right. Big ol teeth compaired to what came on it.

Time is money, to easy to just click the order button for $26.

I cut down a 22" bar to a 20" and had a couple of hours in hand filing the bar slot out to get the adjustment needed.
Later on I just ordered a 20" bar from Baileys for $30. My time was worth more then that. Lesson learned.

I liked the look of the dawgs. BTW. You're not gonna cut anything without the chain.... LOL;)

Sorry. Lil'Nick. I had to...

Hardly any homemade project like this is totally satisfactory the first time. Don't be afraid to tweak 'em or even re-engineer them. My Dad made all sorts of stuff and his junk pile of scrapped or redone projects was pretty big. I think the dogs you made are pretty cool, but I stay away from making anything from thin metal because I'm not fixed up for it. Keep it up.

One of my blacksmith buddies made a jig that holds a 4" angle grinder on it's side, and has a small table, maybe 4" square. He makes maple leaf blanks on it, and you just slide the blank into the blade and grind out the profile. Would be really handy if you were making a lot of that kind of stuff.

Lots of cutting away for a baby grinder, not that it wouldn't work. Much better to use a saw or a torch to cut away the bulk of it, then use the grinder to clean up. if you have the luxury of those tools available, that is.

Yeah, it was for the finish detail, I kinda forgot to mention that.:roll: Plasma is sweet for this kind of work. If you had a pattern, you wouldn't even need to grind them. Even if it's cheaper to buy something like chainsaw dawgs, it's a fun learning experience to make your own.:)

Both wood and metal cutting bandsaws are really handy. I have the wood one covered, and lucky to have a metal fabrication place close by that lets me use their metal cutting one. You could switch blades and do both with the same saw, though a metal one usually runs slower.

just made some outta stainless. how the hell do you get pics up in the message?!

Under the post window is "Manage Attachments". You can upload a photo there, and it will automatically be in the bottom of your post.

see if these work.

nope. i try to upload the photos and then a new window opens that is just blank. this new computer sucks.

anyone else getting a malware warning on google images? i clicked on half a dozen pics and got the same warning from google

Back