Chainsaw dawgs

I've tried making my own, and unless you just really like metal work, it ain't worth it, and mine looked silly. I can buy a set of aftermarket "West coast" dogs for $25, and then spend that money on gas.

And yeah Dave, I have a set of 660 dogs on my 361....just gotta redrill the holes on the outter dog, and they line up fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well i spent yesterday afternoon making them. They turned out pretty well... i painted them and they are drying while im at school. I will put up some pictures this afternoon when i put them on the saw. Also this weekend i will get some action pictures cutting through some 32" locus.

Nick

Sorry the pictures are a little late it was nice out so i went and split some fire wood. It still needs another coat of paint...

dont make fun of me too bad :lol::lol:

Attachments

• 100_1424.JPG
    100_1424.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1425.JPG
    100_1425.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1426.JPG
    100_1426.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 9
Do ya'lls 200t leak this bad??

Attachments

• 100_1427.JPG
    100_1427.JPG
    722.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1428.JPG
    100_1428.JPG
    623.1 KB · Views: 8
On the 200T I'd check the line from the tank to the oiler pump. The only reason one of mine would leak like that is if I ran it a long time on the bench without actually cutting anything with it. Then the excess oil would drip out after I shut it down.

On the 200T I'd check the line from the tank to the oiler pump. The only reason one of mine would leak like that is if I ran it a long time on the bench without actually cutting anything with it. Then the excess oil would drip out after I shut it down.

I will check that thanks... i dont understand it is just about brand new only about 2 hours on her..

somethings wrong with it, it is also on the rich side... it pores two cycle oil out of the muffler...

Just how long have you run this saw? I'd expect some excess assembly oil to come out the exhaust in the first 5-10 minutes running time. And maybe the dealer has it set a little rich so you don't burn it up in the first week. Put it to work and run 4-5 tanks through it (actual cutting, not bench time) and then recheck the carb settings.

Oil out the bottom may be from running it on the bench with the oiler turned all the way up.

edit: Two hourson the saw and you haven't cut anything with it? That explains both your concerns. Put it in some wood so the rings can seat, bench time won't help.

Just how long have you run this saw? I'd expect some excess assembly oil to come out the exhaust in the first 5-10 minutes running time. And maybe the dealer has it set a little rich so you don't burn it up in the first week. Put it to work and run 4-5 tanks through it (actual cutting, not bench time) and then recheck the carb settings.

Oil out the bottom may be from running it on the bench with the oiler turned all the way up.

edit: Two hourson the saw and you haven't cut anything with it? That explains both your concerns. Put it in some wood so the rings can seat, bench time won't help.

Before i put it away for winter i drained the Gas and about 90% of the bar & chainoil... Does the line for the oil pump come in towards the top of the oil tank then go down to the bottom of the tank? like a straw?

Those two hours were cutting, before i set the saw there the bottom of the saw was clean... the next day there was a oil puddle under it...

Here's a picture I had of an old parts saw (tank is missing). This will give you an idea what yours looks like under the plastic covers. ;)

Your saw was so clean it didn't look like you'd used it yet. 8)

Here's a picture I had of an old parts saw (tank is missing). This will give you an idea what yours looks like under the plastic covers. ;)

Your saw was so clean it didn't look like you'd used it yet. 8)

Ahhh... thanks for the picture.. i will rip it down tomorrow...

well I dont really like to use it on the ground if i dont have to because it was an arm and a leg....it belongs up in the tree

Back