Cell phone ringtones

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
just digging around for some new ringers, my phone I have to download an MP3 and set it up, it doesnt run with the regular cell provider download type service...

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/764/

seems a good source, sorry for the entry page, I was looking on google for siren ringers and this popped up, try entering your search variable and see if they have a ringer 4 U.

cheerio.

Try this one:

http://www.mobile17.com/

You have to set up an account. It is all free. You tell it what song/sound file to use from your computer. For example, I used "Shook me all night long" by AC/DC and I told it to take the ringtone from 1:02 and go for 16 seconds, so I could catch the main part of the chorus. Now that's what I hear everytime karina calls!

love
nick

i have u.s.cellular and cant seem to make my phone work with those. i want an elk bugle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
SOTC, my smart phone doesnt DL ringtones like regular cells either. if you DL an MP3 you may be able to set it as your ringtone.

I just went to audiosparx.com and got very nice ones. They do digital sounds for professional production and so forth. Ringtones are just part of it.

My smart phone is loaded with almost a 100 ringtones, all free from mobiles24.com. You should have an unlimited data/internet plan if you are going to start downloading. My unlimited plan on AT&T is $20 a month and with 3G, it approaches broadband speeds. They got some real funny ones. The first two you could use for your voice mail, except you don't want to do that if customers call your cell phone. The other 2 ringtones are a couple of my favorites.
http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/23943-3-funny-dial_an_asshole
http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/11918-3-funny-mental_health_hotline
http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/5475-3-tv_theme-ctu_24_extended
http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/43182-3-nokia-nokia_explosion

Jeff... you still got the "honkers" on your phone? I remember the first time I heard that when your phone rang, and I was lookin' skyward to see a flock... then noticed it went away when you answered your phone. :)

Gary

Thanks Koa, great link. I was just happy to figure out after a month that I could actually get new ringers in the smart phone....

I would like a different ringtone but I went rounds with the phone company to completely disable all internet access and text message capability on my phone service. I've never texted in my life and I was getting one or two spam texts per month. The part that pissed me off is that I was billed for the texts!

So without web access I'm stuck with the 10-15 crappy ringtones already loaded in the phone.

not necessairyl Skwerl. Thats where I had probs too, the smart phones dont take the download ringers etc like plain cell phones, what I had to do was get a third party ap, this software allows you to use any MP3 as a ringer / alert. You DL the file to the computer then transfer it to your memory card in the phone. If you have a regular cell, then you might indeed be SOL. :(

Paul B,
If your smart phone is wap enabled, which it should be, you can download it directly to your phone from the mobiles24 website. What I like about them is you can check out all the ringtones on your computer, write down the ID number of the ones you want, then just punch those numbers in the phone to get the ringtone.

Another way is to have someone with internet access and bluetooth download it and then bluetooth it to your phone.

I have found having unlimited internet access on my phone to be very useful on the road. I can google info, look up phone numbers, check on game scores and whole bunch of other stuff. Also a great time killer when waiting for the wife or kids.

not necessairyl Skwerl. Thats where I had probs too, the smart phones dont take the download ringers etc like plain cell phones, what I had to do was get a third party ap, this software allows you to use any MP3 as a ringer / alert. You DL the file to the computer then transfer it to your memory card in the phone. If you have a regular cell, then you might indeed be SOL. :(

My phone doesn't plug into my computer. I can pull the card out of my phone and hold it in my hand, but I can't put it in my computer either.

As far as Koa's suggestions, all of them require an internet-enabled cell phone. I put forth so much effort in making AT&T disable those services (in order to eliminate having to pay for spam) that I am not willing to ask them to reverse that action and enable web access at this point.

I'm looking forward to the day when you can buy a phone with a detachable cable that you can plug directly into your computer. Just like you can currently do with digital cameras. Until that day, I will be unable to download ringtones to my phone.

my phone a couple years ago could plug into my computer, thats how i got phone pics onto my computer

Mostly all phones sold in the last 2 years can plug into a computer, except for the most basic models. Get a friend with an internet enabled phone to download the ringtone for you and have him (or her) bluetooth it to yours. Assuming you have bluetooth enabled phone.

depending on your car skwerl, ypu might b able to get a multi card reader USB gizmo. I have one and it works great. Koa, I hear you about functionality. I am currently about 50 miles from my pc having lunch in a nice italian joint and posting to the treehouse. what fun!

thats funny, have almost the same ringtone for when LJ calls me !!

I finally figured out how to turn off all the annoying beeps and lights on my phone.
Also figured out how to just have a normal phone ringing sound. I hate fancy ring tones
8)

My kids are always recording new ring tones for me in their most annoying possible voices. I've thought about recording a chainsaw but haven't bothered, I'm on vibrate most of the time anyway.

Speaking cell phones all you techy gurus,how in the world do I put one in "roam" .I detest pushing buttons and just getting frustrated,makes me want to stomp on the things.:what:

Case in point,we have a Nokia 5180,which is outdated ,connected to Tracfone,I'm a cheapskate.In the past I've had to call some person in India and fumble with the stupid thing for an hour pushing buttons.I don't know if I'm a dummy about this but I find no info on the net on how to put the stupid thing in auto roam when I'm out of the area.

Back