Camelbak Hydration System

I like the principle is great but I just can't stand the taste of the plastic Camelback uses. Platypus makes bladders out of food grade polyethylene totally tasteless. They also make one with a huge opening with a super leakproof zip seal easy to add ice or clean. I prefer these.

Maybe they have improved I have not used camelbak brand in about 10 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My Ambush model is military grade. That should include any Special Forces teams.

The 70oz model came in today, and I gotta say it appears to be the perfect size. Not too small, not too big - just right.

I sure wish it wasn't black, though.

Hmmmm. I wonder if white paint would cover it. I'll have to test that out. I think bleach may damage it too much.

make a sac of white cloth and put it over as a cover? kinda like a pack cover:
GRG0008.jpg

It shouldn't be getting to hot, you should be drinking 2 liters of water in under an hour when working in 100 degree plus heat index.

I picked up some nuun tablets for my electrolytes replacement this summer. Gatorade is getting old. But water just doesn't keep up !

Sugar free is good. EmergenC recently started selling an electrolyte replacement powder which I'd like to check out.

I pack mine with ice and it doesn't all melt before it's time for a refill. Downright refreshing after pitching a block with a 440... makes it easier to get on with the next one.

It would be awesome if it could be pressurized.

Check it out, the sucker ain't black no mo!

Attachments

• camelbak white 007 (Large).jpg
    camelbak white 007 (Large).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
Back