RopeTek Helmet Intercom System

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Weatherproof?

Check.

ygymu4yq.jpg

mobile...

Shoot man we shoot the shit all day long. I feel that alone improves our moral being able to just talk about BS. Obviously we pipe down when something important is happening .

Time to chat would be a luxury, especially during the shorter days of sunlight. We can catch up during tea breaks though.

"Tea breaks" you guys have tea breaks???
Must be nice to live in a southern latitude that has enough daylight for tea breaks:lol:

Stig, do have something like this system? I think this would be right up your alley.

So far, I think one of the biggest benefits of it is that it really boost the professional image. People really are amazed. After only a few day using them I notice that the customers notice.

Same here. I really need these.. Communication is one of our weak points as a crew. Too often the line of communication is broken by saw noise or the chipper and now the Dingo...I really need to communicate while the dingo is moving material or pulling something,
Besides, this would end my hard hat dilemma with Kat and Rob. :)

You wont regret it. Its a luxury and a necessity at the same time.

Its weird how you just get used to having it so quick. The guy who runs our other crew is going to get some so then we will have 4.

"Tea breaks" you guys have tea breaks???

Busting A all day long, I can't imagine not having a proper timeout for lunch and two breaks or whatever. Not saying that dropping dead wouldn't be a good way to go, however. The locals work is intense and concentrated, mind and body fatigue definitely sets in after a few hours. The internal signs of requiring a short escape arise. I'd be the first to admit that a person that can work this way without taking a break, is a better man than me. I sometimes do feel considerably better after a short break, to face the challenges that lie ahead. :lol: It's not like it happens at ten or three on the dot, but everyone knows when it is about that time. Also a chance to attend to saws or rother gear, and make communal comments. Nobody goes and sits in the truck alone, so far.

The comm set-up is SWEET. If it were a one may show, there would be no need to communicate. Beyond that lies most of our realities. Poor communication is like a poor cutting saw. Hard on everything, and costs you money here and there, here and there, on and on. Its one of those things where I can see shaving crew wasted work little by little, paying for themselves financially, as well as the mental/ emotional benefits of less frustration.

Isn't frustration what largely leads competent people to accidents, injuries, and breakage through poor decision making?

So right you are Sean. I told someone to lightly tension a line.. I cut and the line was yanked instead.. I about wanted to come out of the tree on that one seeing I about lost my footing with a running saw. Gawd that could have been bad. It was a branch I needed to work out by hand prior to it lowered... Tag line was just there to pull it away from a service line... Grrrrrrrrrr.

Busting A all day long, I can't imagine not having a proper timeout for lunch and two breaks or whatever. Not saying that dropping dead wouldn't be a good way to go, however. The locals work is intense and concentrated, mind and body fatigue definitely sets in after a few hours. The internal signs of requiring a short escape arise. I'd be the first to admit that a person that can work this way without taking a break, is a better man than me. I sometimes do feel considerably better after a short break, to face the challenges that lie ahead. :lol: It's not like it happens at ten or three on the dot, but everyone knows when it is about that time. Also a chance to attend to saws or rother gear, and make communal comments. Nobody goes and sits in the truck alone, so far.

I was joking, Jay.
Thinking of the two old men, trying to outdo each other with how tough things were when they were growing up.

We take two breaks when we work, for tea and eats.

Looks like an outstanding communications system to have. I too, will be getting a set soon.

Any chance that they'll be on display at the EXPO this month?

I was at a crane seminar with Mark Chisolm yesterday in RI. Eartec was there trying to push their product as they were a sponsor. The guy was not a salesman. I think I sold at least three setups for Paul yesterday. Everyone was amazed how clear these units are as well as compact and NO WIRES. When I told them that two helmets come with the $600 tag they were sold.
Now to go wash out my helmets, they saw some action yesterday for sure.

Chris, as long as Im not sold out of them I will have them at the Expo. Ill be sharing X-arborists supplies booth.

Bud thanks for showing them off, yup I guess the $600 per pair with helmets pretty much blows everybody else out of the water

Does anyone know if a phone and device can be blue toothed at the same time.

I don't have a smart phone, but want to listen to music when logging this winter. I was thinking of getting a blue tooth ready i pod for this.

Also, When listening to music and have the intercoms on at the same time, how does that work? Do you have to press a button to talk, or does one supersede the other?

You can only be connected to one device at a time. If you are listening to music off of your phone another user can hit their button and will bump your music off and be able to talk to you. You can then push your button and go back to music. You obviously can hit your button when listening to music and talk to the other user. If you have a smart phone you can also hit the phone button and speak who you want to call and it will call them on the phone. They do way more than I know how to do. One day I need to read the book cover to cover...

Each headset can be paired with two devices, i.e. phone/gps, but you can only get media from one at a time.

Bixler is going to be at the TopSaw booth and I will be at 'somewhere' so I imagine that we will be wearing my set to show them off.

Paul, have you seen a spike in interest lately?

Back