Brendonv's Custom Chip Box Build

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, i can take it off. I can judge what it weighs by whats left over and the weight on the tickets in the end.

Prob 500-600 lbs. not super light, though long lasting.

All hinges, and skin mounted on tailgate. Latch and stricker too. Hope to mount a side skin today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 132
Driver side adhered and mounted. Top frame tacked. Plastic roof panels coming tuesday as well as other side panel. Foam tape along bottom for seal installed. Should be done sat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 113
Soooooop close. I bent the front piece and mointed two sides today. Just need roof, clasps, and a filler strip on the front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 103
Yeah, I was gonna ask where Brendon's name was gonna go. I would be proud as hell of that job!

Maybe you could get a sing that says " I freaking made this!" across the tailgate. Might help free up some time from answering the question "where did you get that box?"

I predict you are going to get asked a lot!
Nice work!

Daaaammmmmnnnnnnnnnn son, that is sweet! Awesome work bro! If I ever have need of aluminum work I'm calling you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Brendon, really well thought out and neat appearance.
I just got myself a new Lincoln 180 mig, been practicing with the spool gun. But man aluminum of any kind of material sure is pricey.

Very nice Brendon, really well thought out and neat appearance.
I just got myself a new Lincoln 180 mig, been practicing with the spool gun. But man aluminum of any kind of material sure is pricey.

What do you think of your new Lincoln Willard? I have several Lincoln welders so I guess I am a Lincoln man. Everyone around here buys Miller wire feeds, but I always wanted to try a Lincoln.

Back