Brendonv's Custom Chip Box Build

No tapatalk here.

If I rotate them 90 they would look sideways saved on my phone?

Sorry to derail B. Keep the progress coming sideways or not!

That is a great question. I just did a quick Google search and apparently we have all been taking pictures wrong. If we hold the phone/ipad sideways in landscape mode while taking the picture, the picture will be orientated correctly when uploading it to the forum.

You may have to select landscape or portrait in the phone/Ipad before taking the pic. I think my Samsung piece of crap does it automatically.

Looks good Brendon. You having a heat wave down there too?:lol: I've actually got little pieces of driveway poking through the ice around here now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Try again. My bro helped mock thigs up. Got alot done today.

Lol upside down,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 94
Started final welding on tops and sides today. 3m rep stopped by and brought some super adhesive to test for attatching the side panels so there is no welding. So far so good. Test piece could not be removed with mini sledge. He also brought foam tape to install in certain places to provide a seal and no metal on metal contact for no squeaks or rattling. Gotta find a press brake this week to bend front portion. Hopefully be done in a week and a half.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 111
If someone in town wants something, id be interested. Rainy day and winter work. I plan on building my bro and a friend side boards for their trucks so we'll see.

You should get a manual folder. You can't fold plate as thick as that, but having the ability to fold means you can use thinner material more effectively.

I have just finished a cross body tool box in 2.5 mm, all folded on my box and pan folder, tigged corners, glued and riveted overlapped joints. Some of the tig is a bit rough, its been a while!

IMG_1049.jpg IMG_1050.jpg

That looks great.

I plan on getting a press and a break attatchment. I could imagine one to bend an eight foot wide pnel to be tens of thousands, maybe into 100,000. I found one shop yest that can do it, bringing it there friday.

You can pick up a secondhand press for about 7-8 k over here, they are all 3 phase though.

My folder will bend 8' of 3 mm steel or ali, or 3mm chequer plate, and cost me 1500.

Sweet!

Heres some welds, and installed some lifting lugs for the top after a small job this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 82
VERY nice job Brendon. Aluminum took me a while to get good at so I can definitely appreciate that pic!

Thanks guys. Ive been studying other welds for two years prob. Seeing what they ship out the door. My store bought flatbed is atrocious.

Dave, its squarewave. Whatever that means. Lol

I get a little shaky sometimes. I blame it on poor positioning and lack of food in the house. My back has been killing me, laying over welding on this half assed table.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 94
I've seen a lot of "professional" aluminum welding that was really quite atrocious. That is a pretty nice weld.

Back