Bird Watching!

Lying hurt in his hotel room, Cooper has a vision in which a giant appears and reveals three clues: "There is a man in a smiling bag", "the owls are not what they seem", and "without chemicals, he points". He takes a gold ring off Cooper's finger and explains that when Cooper understands the three premonitions, his ring will be returned.

One of the great tv shows.

We hear owls with almost nightly regularity. See them at least once a month. Either screech, pigmy, great horned, barn, barred, spotted, or sparred.

Owls are special, no lie.
We have a mated/nesting pair here on property. You hear them. Never see them. Once in a while, a cat goes missing.

It's a really great show. Quirky and strange. Season 3 was a tour de force, and a visual spectacle as never seen on tv, but supremely weird and disturbing.

David Lynch would be a bit odd for sure. I've heard of twin peaks but when it came out I was spending a lot of time in remote field camps without access to TV.

85971-original-145.jpg
Season 2 Episode 1.

I was pretty busy with work at that time and just moved into my old house in Sydney. Plenty to do there so never watched tv much.

Now I've watched Season 1 & 2, was interesting. The follow up movie Fire Walk With Me, terrible. Tempted to put John on Ignore.

Then Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces. Pity they waited so long for that, it did make things a bit clearer.

Season 3 is ready but not sure if I am. You're on touchy ground John.

Last edited:
When I had chickens at that house mice turned up not long after. Then the owls came, I think there was an Eastern Barn Owl first.

Boobooks were all around that area anyway.

But the one that stayed for years was a Powerful Owl, still there when I moved out and the chickens long gone.

index.jpg

I've never heard an owl up here, I really miss that one.
The call is in this link, just scroll down and it's on the right.

Juniper berries are good. Some people cook with them. I just pull a few off and eat them.

Back