big poplar

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK so I tend to get alot of big wrecks. This one was one of the biggest and one of the few that I have pictures of. We roped down the top 60 or so feet one day and then came back the next with a 70 ton terex. The operator wanted to pull the pieces to him which was a bit spooky...........

few years back before we had any safety gear:lol:......

Attachments

• 01bt.jpg
    01bt.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
believe it or not, this was the first tree I ever used a block in, I was amazed that my brand new 9/16 stable braid wasnt all burnt up from lowering, I was obviously sold on blocks:)

Attachments

• 03bt.jpg
    03bt.jpg
    922.2 KB · Views: 15
hope this dont turn the crane over.....................:O

Attachments

• 04bt.jpg
    04bt.jpg
    964.4 KB · Views: 14
NICE!

In photo one, it looked like your average sized poplar, but not in photo two!:O

At least it was nice soft wood to cut.. Any rocks/nails in the stump?

as I may have mentioned, Im retarded. Remember it took me weeks to figure out how to post:lol:

Darkstar, I charged $5500, the customer jumped at it and I got that "Im too cheap again" feeling but hey wtf 2 days $1200 for crane $500 for a dude to truck wood away, I still made some money:/:

Hey Drella cannt remember hitting anything in stump, do remember trying to take a 10' butt log, too heavy. I cut off 2' ,the bottom 2 ' weighed 2000lbs:O
I had to bore a hole through the center of the 2' long 7' diameter butt to pick it:|:

I cut off 2' ,the bottom 2 ' weighed 2000lbs

That's unreal,, must have been holding some serious water.

And it's funny how you feel that your getting :3some: on the price, but at the end of the day, you start to feel differently- and relieved that it's all over..:thumbupold:

That is definetly an impressive tree and work. Where do you live?

very nice, that is a long reach. at least he was working over the end and not the side:O

Just curious how come yall are setting wood down on street and not in truck ?
freaking big ole chunks

Darkstar, I charged $5500, the customer jumped at it and I got that "Im too cheap again" feeling but hey wtf 2 days $1200 for crane $500 for a dude to truck wood away, I still made some money:/:

My guess is that the "$500 dude" got to put it on HIS truck...(wonder how he did that???) :?

Man those trees dont get any where near that size here.

Great pics!!

Yeh the $500 dude had a big ass knuckle boom that could load them. He didnt want to wait around for it to come down so he showed up at lunch and grabbed a load then came back for another. This job was up in the Wash. DC area and it is a bear to get rid of stuff up there. As with all timber guys Ive ever dealt with he always told me the wood was no good and had to go to the dump, even if it was great looking logs. I wouldnt have minded if he told me he got $10k for it, I didnt have a truck to haul it, but I hate being BSed all the time:X

Back