Big bucks...I mean really big bucks

I had two saws stuck fifty feet up a tree once...a hemlock with three stems all twisted around each other. I learned to be a little more careful with those after that.

Been there, done that...................................!

Large horizontal oak branch, all twisted down from an ice storm.
I distinctly remember thinking to myself;" gotta be real careful, here" just before I got the saw stuck.
Then thinking" this time I've got to do better" and getting the second t200 stuck.

And thinking;"f......, f.....,f.....!!!!" as I whittled my way through the branch, with the last saw on the premises; my silky handsaw:D

Sounds like plenty of experience here.HAHAHA I love the ole oil in the gas tank trick.Done it more than I want to say
My dear old departed pappy oiled his gas twice in the same week .He was over 80 at the time and I new the old boy was loosing it .I'll be damned if the exact next week I anti freezed my weed wacker .:roll: I didn't realize it until I poured mix gas in my old truck . Chit happens .

Geez, I hope it was not on the tree in your avatar Ed. That would be a bugger to get unstuck.

Geez, I hope it was not on the tree in your avatar Ed. That would be a bugger to get unstuck.

:lol::lol:

Fourtanetly no.

Just a damn Ash :X that I felled out into the field. It spanned a small low area, then up over a slight rise and back down into the field. Just enough to really screw up bucking it. No matter what way I cut (up or down), I got hosed!
I rocked the chain on a fieldstone that was covered with grass, Went to do an up-cut...........caught it just enough to blunt the tips.

Ed

How about getting the saw stuck doing a teaching demo...I know chit happens but why'd it have to happen then!!!
But what's the point of just talking about how to get a stuck saw out? Might as well show them...make out like I meant to do it...

I've enjoyed this thread, especially the insights from the very experienced on the potential for internal stresses to alter especially in the real big stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But what's the point of just talking about how to get a stuck saw out? Might as well show them...make out like I meant to do it....

You mean looking around for someone who can sympathize with your stuck situation, that's usually what I do. :roll:

When I used to work for the Forest Service, I worked on the trail crew that maintained trails in the wilderness areas for Naches Ranger District. We got our crosscut misery-whip saw stuck in the very bottom of a cut on a 5' diameter log one fine morning, and spent the next 2 days chopping it out with axes. Not fun

When I used to work for the Forest Service, I worked on the trail crew that maintained trails in the wilderness areas for Naches Ranger District. We got our crosscut misery-whip saw stuck in the very bottom of a cut on a 5' diameter log one fine morning, and spent the next 2 days chopping it out with axes. Not fun

No, not fun.:whine:

It doesn't take anything to stick a whipsaw.

You know they actually race with those things .Better them than I .

Two man cross cuts no doubt were why they invented chainsaws .

You can have that job!.. 8)

:lol::lol:

Fourtanetly no.

Just a damn Ash :X that I felled out into the field. It spanned a small low area, then up over a slight rise and back down into the field. Just enough to really screw up bucking it. No matter what way I cut (up or down), I got hosed!
I rocked the chain on a fieldstone that was covered with grass, Went to do an up-cut...........caught it just enough to blunt the tips.

Ed

Something I do Ed is use a Handyman jack to lift the wood when it buries itself like that. Seems like a pain but it works well. Just hammer a pin in one end and lift it up. It only works on wood up to 24" and not much over 60'. It gets it up of the ground and you create a much easier to read bind.

Back