BFII Falling Apart!

• Thread starter BostonBull
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 4K
B

BostonBull

Ever seen this before? Its about 2.5 years old.

Recommendations?

Repair/restitch or Retire?

Attachments

• DSC02766.JPG
    DSC02766.JPG
    864.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02767.JPG
    DSC02767.JPG
    871.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02768.JPG
    DSC02768.JPG
    922.9 KB · Views: 28
What, just that trim along the top? Sew or glue it back down and keep going. It's not structural. For wear, I'd be looking at the bridge and D ring attachments.

As a side note, you can embed your pictures or you can upload your pictures. You do not need to do both. This isn't AS.

Restitch.....IMHO. Easy fix if that's all that's wrong with it. If you're not handy with a needle, bring it to a shoemaker....if it were me, I'd tell him to reinforce the entire seam from end to end, along the original stitches.

Depending on it age, see it your dealer can send it back for rapair. If not, mybe apply some rope "End Dip" to the frayed part and re-sew the top trim back on.

Just a thought.

HC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a side note, you can embed your pictures or you can upload your pictures. You do not need to do both. This isn't AS.

You guys and your why dont you embed? Dont embed things. I will just uplaod and thats that from now on!

And for the record whats AS? Is that the site owned by some greedy asshat wannabe?

Thanks for the replies. I wasnt sure if that was structural, and held the backpad to the thick nylon outer? Ill glue it down and be done with it.

Took it to myslef, and told myself, Self, NO WARRANTY, been too long!

I don't know what the 'embed' complaint is all about. Looks like pictures to me.

As for that seam coming undone, it happens alot. no worries. The top of the pad is actually a high wear point because it rubs on stuff as you are climbing around.
The manufacturer did not use lock stitching, so one stitch got cut, and the others want to follow.
Glue, or I prefer stitching. Either one will work just fine.

My post from the buzz...
-------------------------

Luckily that is not a safety component. I bet I know why it happened. When they were sewing on the edge binding the stitching got too close to the thick green fabric. Eventually the fabric starts to fray ever so slightly under the binding, then the stitching lets go.

Either that or you cut the stitching some how!

Do you have a machine that will go through that thickness? I'd go ahead and sew it back together. You could also put some sort of glue to keep the back pad from fraying further.

I wouldn't worry about it...but I wouldn't climb on it until it's fixed, either.

love
nick

-------------------

ps- definitely sew it, not just glue..

13920_L.jpg

Nick, that is a trim piece which came undone. The trim keeps the backpad material from unraveling.

Your post, "I wouldn't worry about it...but I wouldn't climb on it until it's fixed, either", sounds like their may be a safety issue.

I think it is more a cosmetic issue. Nick, are L.A. values rubbing off of you.

--just read the posts on the Buzz. One person said to buy a TF. The B'fly11 is more durable than the TF, IMO.

No, I think you got me wrong. I just wouldn't want to be climbing around with that thing getting snagged on things bothering me...and also (and worse) the stitching is running free now...the thing is gonna get worse and worse.

A stitch in time saves nine!

love
nick

No, I think you got me wrong. I just wouldn't want to be climbing around with that thing getting snagged on things bothering me...and also (and worse) the stitching is running free now...the thing is gonna get worse and worse.

A stitch in time saves nine!

love
nick

:thumbup:

Repair it. I use a sewing awl myself.

Where did you get that ladder hook?

My supplier imported it from France directly from Bacou Dalloz. Its purpose built for Bacou Dallaz/Komet saddles. Nice huh!?

Heck ya! I want to get one or two or three. I have my old ladder hook for clipping saws but it dangles. That one you'd always know exactly were it is.

That ladder hook how do I get one.

I carry them at the store. My supplier is the only one who imports them. Retail is $50/each. I will give a 5% discount to all TH/TB memebers who want one, and only charge ACTUAL shipping charges.

Back