Best Tracked Mini

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
I'm interested in people's experiences with different models.

I've only run a Dingo 525 wide track machine.

I think that Vermeer might be the only manufacturer with local support.

I believe Rajan/ Flushcut has a Vermeer.

I think I would enjoy the larger Dingo and it's capacity.. But the narrow track works wonderful for us in tight places the larger machines just can sneak into.
Higher lift height is also a consideration depending on what you load with it. I wish we could lift a tad higher at times. But our lower trailers work fine with it.

We have two minis, a Vermeer s800tx and a ASV rc30. We love both and they both have there place. If you are looking for the ultimate mini they I would definitely look at the Vermeer. Before we bought our 800 we demoed the bobcat(don't even bother), ditch witch(the old version the new one very similar to the 800 now)and the ramrod(ahhhahahaha is all I can say). You will pay more for the Vermeer but its worth every penny. We haven't had any major issues with ours yet other than the alternator went at about 375 hrs. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ben
Bushwacker Tree

Sean I've done a lot of research on this and found the general consensus that the ditch witch is the best bet in the mini class. I own a kanga it's a great machine not very powerful but it'd tough and reliable and paid for!

Jp

We have a vermeer and I am partial to the controls on the machine. Each mini has its own plus's, such as the ditch witch having the highest tipping capacity for the ~35" wide class.

We have a DitchWitch SK650 with a grapple bucket & forks.
Apart from a pesky hydraulic leak and a broken throttle cable (both will require extendable telescoping midget fingers and/or considerable patience to fix) it has been an awesome machine. Not turf friendly. Not at all.

Be nice if Carl would jump in with details on the new Boxer's. I want to like them, but only if they have updated the controls so you can do all bucket/boom operations with one hand, like the Thomas.

We have a DitchWitch SK650 with a grapple bucket & forks.
Apart from a pesky hydraulic leak and a broken throttle cable (both will require extendable telescoping midget fingers and/or considerable patience to fix) it has been an awesome machine. Not turf friendly. Not at all.

My sk650 had a broken throttle cable as well. I agree on having midget fingers, it is a pretty small area to try and get to. Other than that it has been a great machine. I have a little over 500 hours on it now.

Ditch witch for pure power. Not much can compare to them power and performance wise. Vermeer has the best controls at the moment, besides the old Thomas's. Vermeer has a good amount of power as well from what I've heard. Boxer, toro, ramrod, are all somewhere between the two or worse.

I'm interested in people's experiences with different models.

I've only run a Dingo 525 wide track machine.

I think that Vermeer might be the only manufacturer with local support.

I believe Rajan/ Flushcut has a Vermeer.

I do and love it, 800tx. I can load logs over the side of my dump trailer, 77" tall, run through knee deep snow, skate over ankle deep spring slop (unloaded) with some nose diving when loaded. I can needle 12' X 20/15" spruce logs into the trailer and pull over a very respectable tree with it. Hills are a nonissue as long as the load is up hill.

Id buy a ditch witch for my next one. Unless boxer changes the controls, their machines would be more affordable.

My little thommy has the perfect control station. I have not upgraded yet for that one reason. Plus it still runs like a top, and looks like one too

I have a few pics posted on the Treehouse FB page. I didn't have a chance to get any of the wood being loaded out on the willow job but, next time.

The duals on the AL140 really cut down on the ground pressure and enable it to go places normally reserved to tracks (without the ground damage).

We offer 15" wide turf tires on the AL340 to cut down on ground pressure as well.

I would love a 140. Problem is it would require an extra trip, as i usually take one truck to the job.

Any updates on the avants, carl?

Whatcha wanna know? The 400 and 500 series are short enough to haul sideways.

They don't offer a folding ROPS, but they're pretty short.

I have been shocked by how little impact the 540 has on turf. This was my biggest concern when buying it. Then I found out the tracked mini is worse on the turf and it weighs almost 5000 pounds less.

Back