Best Tracked Mini

The controls are good, main complaint is the throttle is an independent control unlike on the Gehls. Makes for jumpy controls if you don't idle down.

They are a good machine with a growing US presence. I still prefer the Gehl line, but for your needs I see how the Avants are the better fit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That Avant 420 is only a ton, roughly, with a 1200 capacity.

What's the difference between operating capacity and tipping capacity?

Avant has weird specs. American specs are the operating capacity is half of the tipping capacity (usually), Avant does their own thing.

The Avant can lift a good bit with the boom retracted. It has to boom the load after raising it to keep the back on the ground.

Well... Looks like I will be learning about hydraulic drive motors very soon.....
First I will try and put in a new seal kit. The right wheel (track) motor is leaking toward the outside seal.
If that fails .... guess a new one will be in order.. I'll let you know how that all goes Sean in case ......

I run my mini into the trailer or pick up.. I would imagine the break point would be harsh depending on the ramp length.. Mine are 8 feet and not a real big deal when I go over the break point.

Fyi something similar happened on mine. New seal kit, then started leaking. Got a new bolt kit, and that fixed the issue. Might want to grab new bolts while your there.

Nice setup you have there.8)
Thank you!
I hope the logs don't shift!!!
They are tied down Boss.
I have always backed my s600tx up the dump trailer. Is there much difference driving it up the ramps at the break over point?
Not much difference but it just feels more comfortable going nose in than out. I even run with a chunk of wood in the BMG to help it break over sooner, way more solid feeling.

Sancho is one strong donkey. ( p.s. I am not being racist but have named my mini Sancho Panza as in Don Quhote's (ps) side kick because we are all crazy knights trying to kill elusive windmills)

Sancho is one strong donkey. ( p.s. I am not being racist but have named my mini Sancho Panza as in Don Quhote's (ps) side kick because we are all crazy knights trying to kill elusive windmills)

:lol: That is awesome! :lol:

Thanks Brendon... I will add bolts to my list as well.
It started leaking just a little after I got it home from AZ. Right after I tipped it:|:
Yeah... I was kind of testing my boundaries on a slope and did not see a small stump.... Oppps

Back