Best Biner for Lanyard

Gauge

TreeHouser
Hey guys what do you all use for the biner on the side you clip your lanyard to that has the slack tender on it? We are using these http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=159&item=1134 and i really like it but it seems my biner is never in a comfortable position like it's trying to twist. Because the saddle D is verticle and the lanyard eye hole for the tender is horizontal. Just wonder what you guys are using I am using this http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=130&item=483 Is their a biner with a twist or is this just how it is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right on, was going to go to an O on my bridge any ways because all of ours are the Petzl William biners in the pear shape. Don't get me wrong they haven't failed yet, but they "almost" load up all the time. I kinda like DMM but I am open to try different one's. I have heard the RO's lock backwards from everyone else and need a little finger time to get used to them. Is this true?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will snag one and try it out, it seems it would be easier to pull it to your hand then push it away anyways. Always learning, thanks for the info Grendel.

IMG_1164.jpg

why, when you can use one of these :P

I find the ultra o's to be my favourite . basically i have about 8 of them ... they are just so versatile and a perfect size for the hand

I like the positioner better then a hitch , its more compact and has instant grab , good when you need to get up close to a stem. it takes a bit of practise but when you get it sorted its as smooth as butter. Its good for single leg config aswell.

The eye on the Buck Grab is oriented to keep everything lined up and I like it for pines but I sure like a distel hitch and micro pulley when there's no sap involved. No comparison when it comes to smooth operation, it can be released easily under load and your lanyard can be used as an extra climb line.

when you release the lever grab the rope in your hand at the same time to take some friction off the device. Enjoy

Back