beaver tree

sotc

Dormant hero!!
my old boss picked up a good job so i stopped by and snappd some pics for him.

Attachments

• beaver 004.jpg
    beaver 004.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 27
  • beaver 005.jpg
    beaver 005.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 27
  • beaver 006.jpg
    beaver 006.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 26
  • beaver 007.jpg
    beaver 007.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 26
  • beaver 008.jpg
    beaver 008.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 23
  • beaver 009.jpg
    beaver 009.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • beaver 011.jpg
    beaver 011.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 26
  • beaver 015.jpg
    beaver 015.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 26
  • beaver 018.jpg
    beaver 018.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 25
  • beaver 022.jpg
    beaver 022.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ha ha yeah just end weight reduction;) naw they will come finish it today. that would use most of the bar on the 090 jerry, to bad its not my job!

I see a topic for a poll!
scheme.gif

I remember my first bucket job was at a new company and it was the removal of a silver maple of similar stature in a back yard with 4 fences in the way, 2 garages, and a bunch of landscaping on either side. Oh, and one of the garages was really a wooden frame with a tarp roof.

We had 4 guys on the job and it took us 2 and a half days!!!

love
nick

they should be about done, they have a knuckle boom to load and haul wood

yeah, just under, is that good or bad? seems good to me, as its a pretty tight yard

Its hard to judge by pics but I don't see 2 days for 5 guys.

I kinda think 5 guys is a waste of manpower in tight area's like that, maybe they do ok.

I just dont see 2 days.

yeah 4 would be perfect, 3 would be doable but when you have 5 guys and its slow you keep em busy. he had 5k on the tree so it was bid for that anyway

I could never get 5k for that tree around here, not in my wildest dreams.

In our market that tree would be about a $1800.00 removal. Thats why it would be a 1 day removal with 3 guys. We'd hump, but we would get it done.

not with out a crane or lots of damage, most of that was rope work over buildings fences and 2 yards. those pics had already removed over 30 yards of chips. guess i shoulda got some trunk pics.

3 men 1800 = one day ain't bad.....as long as the mini is humpin the wood.

I agree at first glance it might not seem to be that much, but look the pics over carefully it's a good sized tree and lots of obstacles. The price your old boss got seems to be good though, I haven't seen or heard of any trees going for that price around here. I've seen a six thousand dollar tree that was bid but hasn't been done yet, and I don't know that I'd do it for six grand. Good for them looks like a nice job.

i agree thats good wages for 3 guys but dont think any 3 guys could finish that in a 10 hour day. i didnt see it before those pics but id have put 4500 to 5000

No doubt in my mind that's a fair price. We got a lowballer in our area though, big company and if they know I've bid on it the dude will just eat it and bid low to make me look like a joke. Not to happy about that.

And I agree 10 hour day three guys? No use even arguing that on a internet forum.

When you run three crews you can eat it for a day or two to try and keep a guy like me down and not suffer, I'm not in a position or willing to do that.

Last edited:
I could never get 5k for that tree around here, not in my wildest dreams.

In our market that tree would be about a $1800.00 removal. Thats why it would be a 1 day removal with 3 guys. We'd hump, but we would get it done.

That's right on the money.:)

No offense but no one can say that from pics over the internet. If Willie says it's a hard removal I take his word for it, search SOTC's posts.

i guess i should get out and about more, i havent really seen all that many different companies take down trees.:)

Wouldn't touch it without a crane. If a crane and loader are used I think that a 3 man crew could get that tree finished in justa few hours, No problem.

Back