Be safe reminder thread

Mine's a smaller self-feeder 250xp and it will handle crotchs wayyyyyy better than my ole CnD. Just a different animal my CnD is a Wayne with 12" blades and just over 100hp on gas. The 250 is 140hp diesel and that thing will suck in some pretty decent crotchs.

Lol, Eric you must've figured out by now I like arguing with you cause you're a good sport.

I'll let you come down here and chip one of our dead slash pines, then I'll take your advice on how to cut brush for a chipper. :P

I didn't realize you were arguing... I must be working with Sid too much.

LMAO

Hey, don't take my word for it. Ask Newfie... he fed plenty of brush through mine, and I think he'd admit... it wasn't bad at all.

Setting them up is easy. You really only need to do it once.

:D

When I go through mine this winter in prep for a spring sale I may have a few questions for you then.

Fooooorrk I can't even argue well anymore. I knew it I'm becoming to nice of a guy.:evil:

Maybe if you go back to work at the gas station for a few weeks, then you might become surly enough to argue well. :lol:

When I go through mine this winter in prep for a spring sale I may have a few questions for you then.

Fooooorrk I can't even argue well anymore. I knew it I'm becoming to nice of a guy.:evil:

Best rule is to ignore the "recommended" settings. I'll send you mine... you wouldn't believe how much slower and smoother it feeds, and the chips look da bomb, too. No more strings. 8)

I knew that damn dog would come in handy for something. I'll have to update some pics soon that little guy is over 100lbs now.:D

The ultimate chipper would be able to switch from one mode, to the other, on the fly. THAT would be cool![/QUOTE] ....Copy that Butch ! , have fed both kinds (close calls included) When people ask me the difference , I explain doing it wrong on one machine will get you sucked in instantly .... doing it wrong on the other will feed you into the machine at a slower more uniform feed rate ....

Hey, don't take my word for it. Ask Newfie... he fed plenty of brush through mine, and I think he'd admit... it wasn't bad at all.

Once you get down the "feed and walk away principle". I would forget to let go right away and have it ripped away.

Back