August Hunicke Videos

thanks.

I have a highly similar job coming up, but no nice tall booms nearby:whine:

The origin of the expression of pulling your own weight is that you literally can pull on a rope equal to your own scale weight, given good traction, without anything beyond flat ground to push on.

August, your machine could be rear-anchored for max pull via curling. It wouldn't have to be much. Maybe an extra couple hundred pounds.

August...be careful with your operator on the Vermeer making maximum pulls like that. When my son first started with the Fire Services I happened upon this accident...it has always stuck with me. A year or two after I read about the accident below I saw a shackle break on a fire truck once and it shot the chain about 30 feet up into a tree. That's an attention getter.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/fire/reports/face200622.html

Your operator could be in a deadly spot (maybe he can hunker down during the pull?).

Excerpt from the article: " An attempt was made to tow the engine from the field using a tractor, tow rope and screw-type shackles on either end of the tow rope attached to the tractor and engine. With the victim sitting in the driver?s seat of the engine and another fire fighter sitting in the passenger?s seat, a farmer started moving the tractor forward. When tension was applied to the tow rope, the shackle on the tractor failed and the tow rope with it?s shackle attached recoiled toward the engine. The shackle smashed through the windshield, struck the victim in the forehead and then proceeded out through the back window. "

Attachments

• shackle thru fire truk.jpg
    shackle thru fire truk.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 55
The origin of the expression of pulling your own weight is that you literally can pull on a rope equal to your own scale weight, given good traction, without anything beyond flat ground to push on.

August, your machine could be rear-anchored for max pull via curling. It wouldn't have to be much. Maybe an extra couple hundred pounds.

Yep, deadman. Do that with my trucks a lot pulling down trees.

Aug

Can you make an 'arch' like Kyle talked about for his project trailer. Built out of two logs???

I think I can get most of it using high booms and backing up as mentioned with Gary's project.

That is why I love Dyneema rope for heavy pulling.
It has very little elasticity.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mevbVfK3Ak" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Best tree vid I have seen in a long while. Beautiful work as usual August.
On a side note, I was recently looking for a new Floating Dee Harness for an old-timer I work with. This old fella was always giving me friendly grief for all my shiny new gear, but I finally talked him into trying my MB. He Loved It. The old dog learned a new trick and promptly bought a new MB!

I’ve acquired five different saddles now (come a long way since finding this site) and my latest is the new tribe onyx. I sat in a MB for a moment at the Baltimore expo and loved it. I will be buying one soon. The onyx is so comfortable just not quite set up for my personal abuse.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QRUXjHIV8uI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back