August Hunicke Videos

PPS. Chipper food is what I really think of those overpriced saws. Not removal worthy yet. Back to the drawing board boys

Cottonwood is a factor, I suspect. It swells a lot.

My new rear-handled, battery Husky seems to be a bit more susceptible to stalling with a bit of binding.

I'll run mine looser. Thanks Mick.

PPS. Chipper food is what I really think of those overpriced saws. Not removal worthy yet. Back to the drawing board boys

Neither is the T150, but I still love mine.

We bought an akku saw to keep next to the chipper, it is really great for that.
Then Richard used it to repollard a few linden and fell in love with it, so yesterday we bought the one August is showing.
Got a " death by 1000 cuts" beech prune this saturday, be a good chance for him to try it out.

Gotta say, the lack of noise is great.

On a proper prune (though they’re few and far between for me these days) I like that they’re always on and off, so you move around the tree not having to either decide to start the saw and leave it running.

I like it in hedge lowering for the lack of fumes in a confined space (ie a hedge) and they’re less dangerous to one hand.

On a proper prune (though they?re few and far between for me these days) I like that they?re always on and off, so you move around the tree not having to either decide to start the saw and leave it running.

I like it in hedge lowering for the lack of fumes in a confined space (ie a hedge) and they?re less dangerous to one hand.

Good point about fumes in tight places

Weve begun to use our akku Stihl on the ground for chipper. I like it for that.

Aug

that lil echo was really ripping. Have you tried the bigger top handle echo, 355 I think it is? Jed says they rage.

I love how they turned out. I’ve never owned a saw that has had much more than a muffler mod and timing advance. Is it worth it? I just blew up my 046, believe I bought it in 98’. Is that worth fixing with a mod?? I really don’t know. I just know your 200’s out cut most of my stock mid size saws.

I love how they turned out. I?ve never owned a saw that has had much more than a muffler mod and timing advance. Is it worth it? I just blew up my 046, believe I bought it in 98?. Is that worth fixing with a mod?? I really don?t know. I just know your 200?s out cut most of my stock mid size saws.

All my saws are ported now

beware, once you start it?s hard to stop.
Besides, what do you have to lose..

Very true. It’s blown now. Doesn’t owe me a thing. I can replace it for a little under a grand with a new 461. I don’t know what the complete rebuild would be with mods. Still trying to do that homework. The thing with porting is that there has to be a trade off. Kinda like tweeking the injection pump and turbo on a diesel pick up. Ya get more power but lose engine life.

Very true. It?s blown now. Doesn?t owe me a thing. I can replace it for a little under a grand with a new 461. I don?t know what the complete rebuild would be with mods. Still trying to do that homework. The thing with porting is that there has to be a trade off. Kinda like tweeking the injection pump and turbo on a diesel pick up. Ya get more power but lose engine life.

I think a lot of these saws and diesel trucks for that matter come from the factory detuned and I dont believe thats the recipe for long engine life.

What ratio and oil did you run through you blown saw?
Most saw nerds run a bit richer than the 50:1 stihl recommends.

My trade off is that I use 32:1 schaeffer 2 stroke oil.
The richer mix helps keep the bearings and bottom end well lubed.

I run woods port saws that pull soo much harder and smoother and not a race saw that needs to be rebuilt after every race...
I dont go for a leaned out cant racer..

The builder I use is Tree Monkey and hes in Wisconsin and his saws are insane.. legendary.
My 066, 461 and my 261 and even my 201tc are ported to a greater or lesser extent. The bigger saws are monsters. The smaller saws are dream machines.

that lil echo was really ripping. Have you tried the bigger top handle echo, 355 I think it is? Jed says they rage.

Cory the 355 (modded, minde you!) is worth it's weight in gold, but the oilers tend to burn-out pretty quick. This'll piss a lot of guys (me among them) right off, so... maybe best to grab an extra oiler from the dealer.

Haven't tried the new little saw yet, but I predict that August actually WILL be using that saw increasingly on all his big removals despide the inclination not to that he expressed in the vid.

I've got a dear friend who SWEARS by modded 193's. So much so that (and almost all he does is big removals) he sold my new friend his barely used 200t for $500.00. Everybody though he was insane. He won't even go back to a regular sized top-handle and swears that his 193 will hang with a 200t anyways.

Rich, the trade-off seems to be higher emissions and louder when you have a ported saw.
Saw actually runs cooler and lasts longer when they have work done, I believe. I'm no saw guru, though.

I have a 046 that I have been using since the mid 90s. Modified, 210 pounds of compression. I had a stock saw that was newer than that wore out and this one still goes.

Aug

Showing the mundane. Such a boring tedious job. Pruning just makes a boring video. Sorry not my favorite:P.

So August would you recommend a new saw and having it tweaked or rebuilding my 20 year old 046? It didn?t explode or lock up. Lost compression is what it seems like. I haven?t had time to tear it open yet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mevbVfK3Ak" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back