Atkins Diet

Here is a good article about the non-benefits of milk. Makes sense, but we've been brain-washed that milk "does a body good." :roll:

Yeah, protein is overrated..

Sorry for not clicking, but one can guess that notmilk.com is not going to have a very open minded view.

I prefer to use the Dutch as an example - they have a high dairy consumption. I mean cheese too..... real cheese... not the stuff Americans call cheese. And they are the tallest nation on the planet.

Most good old world cheese has more protein than meat. ;) Most American cheese is actually just the by product of the proetin reclamation process (trust me, I work in this industry)

I prefer to use nature as an example - BABIES drink milk. Period. And most times within their own species.

Nice logic but don't confuse the stuff we drink with the stuff babies of any species drinks.

Oh, and cheese? You try to stay away from that too? Ice cream? Meh - nature ain't that good of an example. ;)

I'm not confused, cow's milk is for baby cows. I like cheese, but I know it's not healthy; and I don't eat ice cream.

I'm not confused, cow's milk is for baby cows. I like cheese, but I know it's not healthy; and I don't eat ice cream.

you do sound confused....

Ok, but do you think the stuff you buy at the store is the same thing that calves drink :what:

since when is cheese unhealthy? The good: This food is a good source of Protein, Calcium and Phosphorus. 8)

I'm missing the point you're getting at Nate. I worked a dairy farm for three years during highschool. The herd was Holsteins with one Jersey to bump the fat a little and what I drank straight out of the holding tank tasted just like what you buy at the store?

Change of subject, but I like drinking soy milk, bought a machine that automatically grinds up the beans and puts them into a hot water solution for consumption. You have to pre-soak the beans. With good soybeans and a touch of honey it's not a bad tasting drink, and apparently very good for you.

I hate protein powder mixed with water, so soy milk is good for that too.

I can't imagine not eating cheese, ice cream, and milk. It may kill me, but I'll go with a milk mustache above my satisfied grin!!

Moderation is the key...that's all.

(ok, so it's 2% milk cheese, ice milk, and 1% milk....but to me it still tastes wonderful)

Attachments

• milk.jpg
    milk.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 10
Fat in food rawks!!!!!! It makes you feel full and keeps you from eating so much. It is all this fat free/sugar free shite that keeps Americans so fat... (ok, a big part..there is that activity thing too)

Fat in food rawks!!!!!! It makes you feel full and keeps you from eating so much. It is all this fat free/sugar free shite that keeps Americans so fat... (ok, a big part..there is that activity thing too)

Actually, there's alot of truth to that. They take the fat out, which carries the flavor...so they have to add back alot of salt and sugar to give it SOME flavor. You never feel full, so you can eat less fat, but lots more calories.

I actually prefer the lower fat milk products though....'lower fat' is still PLENTY!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most people don't want to admit it, but if it it tastes GOOD and you can swallow it FAST...

It's no good for you.

Fat is good for you!! Lots of energy....

I hate that it is hard to find yogurt that isn't fat free...... The good thing about cutting all that fat free crap out of your life is that then you are satisfied with much smaller portions.

...I prefer to use the Dutch as an example - they have a high dairy consumption. I mean cheese too..... real cheese... not the stuff Americans call cheese. And they are the tallest nation on the planet.

hmmm, wonder why there arent more Vanderbasketball players in the NBA? :) I am a proud dutchman, most of my relatives are average to slightly taller in height, near the 6 foot mark average would be my guess, I dont do as much cheese as I did when I was a kid but back then we got lots of gouda and edam, yummy! :D

to back up Nate's comment: link

Bodyweight is just like a bank account...put more in than you take out...you gain. Spend more than you take in...you lose. Tweny years ago, I would go into McDonald's and order two Big Macs, one Filet-O-Fish, large fries and a large Dr. Pepper. Then I'd finish off with one of those little apple pies. Never got over 140 in those days. Then I got married, got promoted to foreman, and started putting on weight. Oh to have the metabolism of those early twenties...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was a manager for five years at Micky Dees, and I never saw anyone eat that much, including me.

Good to hear you didn't become morbidly obese.

Two Bg Macs with fries was always my limit, even in my prime. I did try for three once, but only made it through half of the last one. Must have wimped out. :roll:

I can't imagine not eating cheese, ice cream, and milk. It may kill me, but I'll go with a milk mustache above my satisfied grin!!

Moderation is the key...that's all.

(ok, so it's 2% milk cheese, ice milk, and 1% milk....but to me it still tastes wonderful)

Maybe for most, but I THRIVE on whole milk and all kinds of cheese. I drink more milk than Lumberjack and I prefer Jersey cow milk and yogurt for the high cream content, preferably right from the farm (via the farmer's market). All this lowfat milk is total BS, the only way to drink milk is whole, and I guarantee you'll be healthier for it. Sorry, but the milk naysayers are ill-informed and have been fooled for decades into thinking a high (good) fat diet is unhealthful. Research had demonstrated over the past few years the lipid hypothesis is dead and it's excessive carbohydrates, not healthful fats, that contribute to obesity and heart disease. My triglicerides have never been lower, and my HDL never higher. There are essential amino acids (protein) and essential fatty acids (fat), but no such thing a essential carbohydrates! It's all about tempering that magic and ancient molecule, insulin.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/articles/article149.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/skinny.html

Yeah Che, since I was in my teens. Runs in the family, and being Irish doesn't help with all the potatoes my poor ancestors ate over the generations. Potatoes are actually a new world crop from the Americas and never grew in Ireland before the 1600s. They're really just "lumps of sugar" to the insulin secreted by your pancreas. Only thing that saved the Irish in those years was all the milk they drank for the fat and protein. Beer certainly help much, either!

Back